Alfa Romeo Forum banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
5,227 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hello All,
Been going through a spat of replacing two coil packs lately and like having spares (For running LPG - Tends to put a bit of strain on the sparks and coils being a dry fuel). I've ran out of my spares and like them there as a just in case.

If anyone has some used spares gonig I'd gladly buy / postage pick up if round the Midlands.

Thanks very much

Scott

·
Registered
157 Posts
I have a 51 plate 156 1.6 TS sat on my drive awaiting the scrapman. It has a set of coilpacks on it plus everything else. Your welcome to them if you want, they worked fine prior to laying up.
Prefer pickup tbh but could post for cost.
I'm near Oakham LE15 by the way...

·
Registered
5,227 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Hello,
That would be great. could just be the packs wouldn't need to theHT leads really. Got loads of them knocking about and now carry a spare HT lead from a CF2 engine so that if one does fail I can run the engine off another working coil.

Its 140 mile round trip. So what would you want for them?
(Circa £10 in fuel).

·
Registered
157 Posts
You can have them mate, only scrapping the car, i'd rather an alfa owner had them rather than the scrapman...I'll get them off this week...anything else? I've taken off the maf so i'll chuck that in as well if you want a spare, i think the 1.6 is the same as a 1.8

·
Registered
5,227 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
My engine used to be a 1.6 anyway. So I imagine the MAF will work.
Probably loads of little bit's i'd actually use or keep as spares.

I'm at a stag do in Northampton this weekend but I could always come up on the weeknight or when ever is best for you.

Failing that chuck them in a box and I can arrange a courier to suit you.

·
Registered
5,227 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
Yup sparks are fine. Just two coils had gone. They'd done 100k though...

·
Registered
5,227 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
Just like to say a big thank you to Exton Posh for sending me coil packs and other various Alfa parts to keep my car ticking over for free (Well cost of postage)

Just shows how wonderful this community is and how wonderful humanity can be from the kindness of strangers.

1 - 8 of 8 Posts