Alfa Romeo Forum banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
1,122 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I could use dye but would prefer an original carpet in good nick, side kick plates as well.

·
Registered
306 Posts
You mentioned dye.... Do you know of a dye that is suitable? I've found it difficult to select a dye as I don't know if the carpet is nylon or a mix. Pure nylon would make if virtually impossible to dye unless the carpet was placed in boiling water.

In my head, spraying on something waterbased with a spray bottle from a garden centre would be ideal.

Has anyone done it? Its not a colour change, just looking to freshen up the grey carpets.

·
Registered
2,545 Posts
You mentioned dye.... Do you know of a dye that is suitable? I've found it difficult to select a dye as I don't know if the carpet is nylon or a mix. Pure nylon would make if virtually impossible to dye unless the carpet was placed in boiling water.

In my head, spraying on something waterbased with a spray bottle from a garden centre would be ideal.

Has anyone done it? Its not a colour change, just looking to freshen up the grey carpets.
Get the carpet professionallly cleaned, it will come up a treat. There would be no point trying to dye a carpet that is dirty. Professional carpet cleaners use products that can remove stubbon stains and grime.
I think the carpet would be a mix, nylon is added to carpets and fabric to add durability and prelong the life of the product.

1 - 6 of 6 Posts