Alfa Romeo Forum banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
381 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Wanted, Alfa 105 series pre - 72 steering column shroud (both halves), for long column.
Needs to be decent condition please, cash waiting.
Many thanks

Steve

·
Premium Member
2,479 Posts
I am also after a shroud but for a 72 onwards 2000gtv (was unaware of difference) even just the top half, as I have a bottom...

·
Registered
381 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Bump, anyone have one ?

Many thanks
Steve

·
Premium Member
2,479 Posts
Steve, do you know if these are model specific? Or do cowls from spiders & different years etc fit?

·
Registered
25,673 Posts
I am also after a shroud but for a 72 onwards 2000gtv (was unaware of difference) even just the top half, as I have a bottom...
I haven't got back to you anout my spare because I found that mine is held together with black electrician tape, I need to take off at sme point and compare with spare as that seems to still have some of its captive nuts.

·
Premium Member
2,479 Posts
I haven't got back to you anout my spare because I found that mine is held together with black electrician tape, I need to take off at sme point and compare with spare as that seems to still have some of its captive nuts.
Hi Sean - if you make yourself a better one at some point out of the two you have, I would still be interested in your rejects - I've half a cowl, can't remember if it is top or bottom and its in 3 pieces... still fixable though and if I'm fixing one half, I might as well fix two :thumbup:

They're obviously fragile, being thin and now brittle plastic - was thinking of using a combination of fibreglass and JB Weld to reinforce from inside, followed by refinishing the outside with left over products from my dashboard refurb.

I'm not in a rush given the slow progress on my project! As and when...

·
Registered
381 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
Mine is not the "flat dash" type that Alex linked to above, it has the ignition switch on the column, so I'm looking for a reasonable, long column, up to 72 one.

Steve

1 - 8 of 8 Posts