Alfa Romeo Forum banner
1 - 13 of 13 Posts

·
Registered
1,319 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hi
Seeking 15inch steel wheels for a Junior on behalf of a friend, anyone selling or know of someone selling please advise...

·
Registered
4,554 Posts
If you're going for the period 15s, they'll cost a lot. I've looked at a certain Citroën C5 wheel which looks like a steelie but is actually alloy and is ridiculously light (about R3k from dealer). There's also the newer Berlingo and Peugeot Partner wheels which are bigger and wider. All will require centre bore modification.

Sent from my SM-G925F using Tapatalk

·
Registered
10,929 Posts
Wow. A long time ago I had a friend looking for steel wheels for his Junior. It turns out that not only are there PCD differences (Alfetta 4 x 98 and Junior 4 x 108) but also, there were differences with regard to offset and rim width, varying between 4.5j and 5.5j for the 4 x 108 wheels. But that's not all... There were those for "inner trim fitting" and those with "Outer trim fitting". The inner trim fitting is the steel hubcap held in place by the wheel bolts, and the outer trim fitting allows fitment of the flat hubcap that covers the wheel nuts.

Just when you thought that the wheels were probably specific to stepnose and normal Juniors, you find out that in fact different variations of each were fitted to the different body styles. Very confusing :cheese:

Good luck with your search. It may just be cheaper to buy and old Junior rustbucket to get the wheels, and throw the rest of the rustbucket away.

·
Registered
4,554 Posts
15 inch wheels are rare. Very rare. I don't recall them being an easily available option on the 105 cars.

·
Registered
10,929 Posts
15 inch wheels are rare. Very rare. I don't recall them being an easily available option on the 105 cars.

I speak under correction but I think they were standard on the very early stepnose models, as well as Giulietta Sprint models (which had a completely different wheel design though). Which makes me believe again that they were only available with the hubcaps, but knowing how many permutations there were I wouldn't want to place any bets on those.

·
Registered
4,554 Posts
Yes. I believe so. On the early cars they came in 4.5J IIRC.

·
Registered
10,929 Posts
From Wiki, apparently this happened between 1967 to 1970:

"Tire size went to 165/14 from 155/15 and wheel size to 5 1/2J x 14 instead of 5J x 15, giving a wider section and slightly smaller rolling diameter." https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Alfa_Romeo_105/115_Series_Coupés

Similarly to the Giulia sedan: "The wheels were changed in size from 5J x 15 to 5J x 14, and tires from 155/15 to 165/14." https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Alfa_Romeo_Giulia

The Giulia Sprint (Stepnose) and GTC maintained 15" wheels until production ceased in 1968 though.

·
Registered
279 Posts
From Wiki, apparently this happened between 1967 to 1970:

"Tire size went to 165/14 from 155/15 and wheel size to 5 1/2J x 14 instead of 5J x 15, giving a wider section and slightly smaller rolling diameter." https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Alfa_Romeo_105/115_Series_Coupés

Similarly to the Giulia sedan: "The wheels were changed in size from 5J x 15 to 5J x 14, and tires from 155/15 to 165/14." https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Alfa_Romeo_Giulia

The Giulia Sprint (Stepnose) and GTC maintained 15" wheels until production ceased in 1968 though.
That is correct. Very old stepnoses, giulia's and giulietta's pre 67 had Marie biscuit 15's - Bloody hard to find, and if you do, they'll need widening and refurbing. While also difficult it is easier to find a 108pcd classic mag (and an Alfa one at that would be a bonus). I also wanted widened 15's on my junior but gave up after looking for a year. I ended up with a classic set of compomotive 3 piece splits (9j which then called for body massaging). Heaven help me if I damage one of the because Compomotive went into liquidation.

·
Registered
1,319 Posts
Discussion Starter · #11 ·
That is correct. Very old stepnoses, giulia's and giulietta's pre 67 had Marie biscuit 15's - Bloody hard to find, and if you do, they'll need widening and refurbing. While also difficult it is easier to find a 108pcd classic mag (and an Alfa one at that would be a bonus). I also wanted widened 15's on my junior but gave up after looking for a year. I ended up with a classic set of compomotive 3 piece splits (9j which then called for body massaging). Heaven help me if I damage one of the because Compomotive went into liquidation.
Thats his intention aswel, widened...

·
Registered
4,554 Posts
I have the agent wheel catalogue somewhere if anyone is interested.

·
Registered
38 Posts
There's a set of alfa 15" steelies on olx or junkmail for R800, I didn't know they were rare, we threw them away by the dozens. I can't remember if it was on olx or junkmail, but a search for "alfa romeo" on either will turn them up.

1 - 13 of 13 Posts