Alfa Romeo Forum banner

1 - 20 of 27 Posts

·
Registered
124 Posts
Discussion Starter #1 (Edited)
Hi all, as per title i'm searching for the right car or near enough......

Colour preferences are black or white though will consider any though red is lowest preference.
Mileage - up to and around 75k though see condition as being of greater importance
Interior - preference for cloth strangely but i know majority are slippy slidey leather so will have to put up with whatever !
Standard or sensibly modified, i don't mind
Budget - top end so looking for good history of meticulous maintenance from caring owner.

Got option on a couple of cars at the moment but thought i'd ask quickly on here first before making any decisions.......see what's about and if anyones got it in mind to sell up, though i'm looking to move fairly quickly so not too interested in cars that 'might' be for sale later in the year !

Can't always be on the forum to pick up messges but can be contacted anytime on [email protected]

Thanks in advance :thumbup:

·
Registered
492 Posts
Black one on ebay with very low miles (48k). Sounds like it only needs some minor bodywork done for scuffs/marks and the wheels refurbing.
If its as the ad describes it, with only 2 owners, a comprehensive history etc, its cheap at 6995..

·
Registered
124 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Yes I saw the black one on eBay......some car ad's make you think I must go and view straight away and others make you think I can't be arsed lol, well that's the latter that one lol......it just doesn't look loved to me though maybe I should just go and see it and decide then but I'm just feeling uninspired by it !!

·
Registered
492 Posts
I know what you mean, pics aren't great and the scuffs mentioned can sound offputting, but if it is only scuffs and its not been crashed it could be a good original car, and paintwork is an easy fix.
Maybe give Day and Whites a ring as it was there a month ago from the ad description for a cambelt service, see what they think. They have seen plenty to compare it to.

·
Registered
124 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Probably wise advice.....may run an hpi check on it and see what comes back !
Know what you mean about paint but in my experience a little paint soon becomes a lot of paint lol and expense especially when you're a fussy git lol
By time paint Is done and wheels (I hate black) and engine bay, don't know why but have a feeling it's not going to be pretty under the bonnet !......a £7k car could stand me closer to £10k !!......maybe less aggro to just buy an honest £10k car :)

·
Registered
492 Posts
Its the classic GTA dilemma! As has been said many times, there is no such thing as a 'cheap' GTA, unless you get very lucky.:biglaugh:

·
Registered
642 Posts
Hi Julian, how's the Cossie? I miss following your car on the runs we used to go on, been a long time since I did one of those as I've been out in the desert for the last 4 years.

I see you're not after a red one, I'm guessing you want something a different colour to the Cossie, but if you can live with another red car and want one that's a bit different, I'm ready to part with mine as it just doesn't get used the way it should with me not being around.

It's had far too much spent on it, trying to keep up with your Cossie and the rest didn't help with that at all, but you've seen it plenty of times to know what it was like.

Tahir

·
Registered
124 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
Hey Tahir ! Nice to hear from you chap, it's been a long time !
Cosworth all good thanks, she's a bit of a handful with all that power and straight cut gearbox etc so it's a bit of a one trick pony in that it's great for acting the hooligan but I'm getting older now and fancy something interesting and a bit lively but not quite so ridiculous lol
I'm warming to red and am starting to accept that beggars can't be choosers.......I recently narrowly missed out on a fantastic red one from Veloces because I hesitated over the colour and am now kicking myself about it.
I do remember your car but it's been a long while so can you mail me over all the details and specs to the mail address in the first post and let me know what kind of £££'s you're thinking for it :)
I viewed a black one today which was half decent but had the potential to turn into a money pit and I'm not really looking for a project anyway !
I do have a strong lead on another potentially very nice red one but I'll have to make a quick decision on it very soon so please be quick with details on yours :D
Keep yourself well mate :D

·
Registered
124 Posts
Discussion Starter #12
come on then watcha got?
'53 Plate 147 GTA from Veloces in London......i didn't even give them a chance to advertise it ! It's in fabulous condition for 13 yrs old and its.............RED lol. I know i didn't want red but what you want and what you get aren't always the same thing lol. I love the colour, it looks great but i've had a string of red cars and now have two lol, i guess it's just my destiny to be forever in red :)

·
Registered
124 Posts
Discussion Starter #13
I think he's buying Tahir's ;)

I was but i didn't ! I spoke at great length with Tahir, he's a great guy and as honest as the day is long ! His car is also great, it really is and i would have loved to have owned it but at the end of the day it transpired that it was the wrong tool for the job i wanted it to do.......to say which is to take nothing atall away from the car as it's been a true labour of love for him and it's a credit to him :)
Whoever ends up with it will be a lucky guy or girl though personally i think he should be encouraged to keep it ! :thumbup:

·
Registered
124 Posts
Discussion Starter #15 (Edited)
She's not home yet Chris. just need to arrange some insurance and find time to go and get her........plus i've never figured out how to add pics on here :( Didn't seem to be as easy as just adding photobucket img code like on other forums :(

However, the car i've bought is remarkably similar to this one i found on Youtube.......not the actual car but same year same condition same Scorpion exhaust, similar engine bay with same red strut brace and same Autodelta intake pipe. To look at the car they are the same except Veloces have done the teledials in shadow chrome......i'll keep them shadow chrome for now but not sure in the long term, i like them one minute then less so the next lol !!

She's done 65k miles and even has a GTA plate which is a nice little bonus.....the car has sucked up my whole budget so won't be getting anything done in the short term but i do have a couple of plans for later once the wallet has recovered :)

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=3GNNtp-lcgk

·
Administrator
88,011 Posts

·
Registered
124 Posts
Discussion Starter #20
Haha ! There was me saying how remarkably similar it was to the one in the video I posted........just got it home and it turns out it is actually that car ! Just on a different private plate now lol :p

1 - 20 of 27 Posts