Alfa Romeo Forum banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
12,747 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
My Brera interior colour is red and cream and I want to get the steering wheel, airbag cover and gearstick gaitor redone in the matching red leather as the black originals look out of place to my view. Anyone know of a firm in the Northants area that could do this for me and what price to expect.

·
Registered
12,747 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
I read somewhere that if the leather is shaved very thin and tearseam scored it would work. Doesnt need to be thick as it doesnt get much wear and pressure, just cosmetic.

·
Registered
34,882 Posts
Yes, skived hide should be ok if it follows the witness marks from the back of the moulding.

·
Registered
359 Posts
Probably the easiest way to do the airbag module would be to use that Vinyl/rubber re-colouring spray paint - I used it to recolour a Vespa seat from black to an ox blood red and it was great - very hard wearing.

·
Registered
578 Posts
I too would suggest to just have the airbag cover of the steering wheel painted in a suitable paint. With the correct preparation and quality paints applied well they can be very hard wearing.

Gear lever gater should be quite easy to make a new one, if your original can be used as a template. I would think that a skilled automotive upholsterer would be able to do a steering wheel, but I can only guess at the time it would take. I know when I recovered my 156 gear knob in leather that took me a few hours to do, having never done anything like that before. So a wheel must take a few more than that for a skilled person.

1 - 6 of 6 Posts