Alfa Romeo Forum banner

41 - 60 of 79 Posts

·
Registered
3,118 Posts
Man some git pushed up by bid on an autodelta from 50 to
100. Who was it ? Lol only joking who ever it was bidded in the last second i was well happy for a second but still ok with me as I wanted the bling will be putting a Cda bmc at the end of it.

S

·
0 Posts
Discussion Starter #44
Just got back after a spirited jaunt over the local back roads. It is significantly louder with this pipe over the old one. Pick up feels marginally stronger, but that could be down to good music, open windows and twisty roads!

Sent from AutoGuide.com Free App

·
Banned
3,532 Posts
I actually forget how tight it is under the bonnet of a GTA with the battery there!!

Good going though guys :)

·
Registered
261 Posts
We've done pretty much the exact same mod Andy. I used a couple of bits and bobs off an old bike to fit my CDA though :cool:

Attachments

S

·
0 Posts
Discussion Starter #47
Brief update on noise. It is significant enough for my wife to notice. She drive it today and after work commented that it sounded a lot louder than normal. She made a point of explaining that it was loud enough to cause her slight embarrassment when a group of yoofs close to her work waved, smiled and yelled "give it some stick." As she burbled past them this evening.

·
Registered
279 Posts
That sounds all good, ordered my chrome pipe and CDA :D
Looking forward to doing my conversion :D

S

·
0 Posts
Discussion Starter #49
It is surprising that it hasn't been done more enforce given the benefits to cost ratio, especially against the autodelta carbon pipe.

·
Registered
2,539 Posts
Been offered a carbon intake pipe but it doesnt say autodelta. Does anyone know if anyone has made the carbon pipes and what is the quality like? May have to go custom if there's no info on it

S

·
0 Posts
Discussion Starter #51
Been offered a carbon intake pipe but it doesnt say autodelta. Does anyone know if anyone has made the carbon pipes and what is the quality like? May have to go custom if there's no info on it
Autodelta seemed to be the main maker. No other brands seem to be mentioned. That said the AD ones came in a range of types. There's one on flea bay now with huge external ribs from forming. Looks ugly. Some appear black, some a kind of Greeny colour, some with embossed badge, some with a sticker. All depends on your wants and needs. That said, although I'm obviously bias, I think £16 of chrome plates alloy pipe is a super cost effective mod for fun.

·
Registered
6,834 Posts
when i had mine i had the CDA fitted and the air intake pipework changed a bit. Not as shiny as others have done but it sounded great

S

·
0 Posts
Discussion Starter #53
I've noticed another added noise bonus to this mod. When you go from foot off gas to some welly, you now get a very audible throttle opening suck noise akin to old open carbs. Sounds cool.

·
Vendor
46,342 Posts
I've noticed another added noise bonus to this mod. When you go from foot off gas to some welly, you now get a very audible throttle opening suck noise akin to old open carbs. Sounds cool.

Narrow street. Tall buildings. Windows down. Enjoy :thumbs:

·
Registered
279 Posts
Picture of my engine bay now

Ok got the pipe yesterday fitted last night (bloody big pipe) runs much nicer, just need one hose clip but it aint going anywhere, installed with my new CDA car feels nicer and quieter than before :)

·
Banned
3,532 Posts
Picture of my engine bay now

Ok got the pipe yesterday fitted last night (bloody big pipe) runs much nicer, just need one hose clip but it aint going anywhere, installed with my new CDA car feels nicer and quieter than before :)
It's coming along now bud, not much left to do :thumbs:

·
Registered
2,654 Posts
Came across this thread as I wanted to remove the resonator chambers.. to test how it is without.. what's the cheapest / simplesy way of doing this? My whole intake is currently OEM, and I'm not worried about how it looks. LJ's solution looks perfect.. any idea where I can get a bit of pipe like that.. and what would I need to do either end to get it to fit? Read too much about intakes now and a bit confused with it all.. I would copy yours Andy, but you have a CDA and said it wouldn't work on OEM?

·
Registered
583 Posts
I cut mine off and used this stuff, it's like a rubber strip. You peel the back off and it's almost like a sheet of tiger seal. So wrapped it round and then after a heat cycle it turns to solid plastic. Fair enough it does look like a DIY job but until I get the polished steel pipe it does the job. Sounds great too and I can honestly say I notice zero negative effects

·
Registered
2,654 Posts
I cut mine off and used this stuff, it's like a rubber strip. You peel the back off and it's almost like a sheet of tiger seal. So wrapped it round and then after a heat cycle it turns to solid plastic. Fair enough it does look like a DIY job but until I get the polished steel pipe it does the job. Sounds great too and I can honestly say I notice zero negative effects
Sounds like something around my skill level :D Great.. could you link to this magic stuff?

I wonder how much a replacement piece is, if I decided to buy another 2nd hand one with resonator intact.. Can't be much I imagine

41 - 60 of 79 Posts