Alfa Romeo Forum banner

1 - 20 of 79 Posts
S

·
0 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I want rid if the resonator in my air intake.

I'm thinking of going for a couple of 76mm alloy pipes, one 90 and one 45 degree, a couple of silicon joiners and a saw.

Anyone done it before to a GTA?

I've just been reading a how to using silicone pipework and alloy joiners, but I think the bling factor will add several horses.

Any thoughts before hitting the buy it now button on the flea bay?

·
Registered
2,263 Posts
I want rid if the resonator in my air intake.

I'm thinking of going for a couple of 76mm alloy pipes, one 90 and one 45 degree, a couple of silicon joiners and a saw.

Anyone done it before to a GTA?

I've just been reading a how to using silicone pipework and alloy joiners, but I think the bling factor will add several horses.

Any thoughts before hitting the buy it now button on the flea bay?
Definitely do it.

Then sell me your inlet pipe so I can do the GTA mod on my JTS:D

·
Premium Member
19,119 Posts
You need an autodelta one :p

·
Registered
1,211 Posts

·
Registered
1,211 Posts
Just realized I have the battery in the boot! So might not work for you if you don't do it as well. Otherwise you need a custom pipe either from Autodelta or there was an Italian guy manufacturing and selling them on ebay if I remember well.

·
Banned
447 Posts
Completely offtopic, but Yety, what did you use to replace the pipe between the coolant reservoir and engine ?
And did you get a new plastic cover under the windscreen wipers or somehow refurbished the original one ? Looks very black.

·
Registered
1,211 Posts
It's a braided hose we bought together with gotcha from e-bay. I think it this this one - http://www.ebay.co.uk/bhp/braided-fuel-hose-8mm.

The cover was only painted over with sort of bumpers black stuff I bought in Tesco. Was trying two different sorts. One made by Turtle wax and another brand I even don't know by memory. However found it surprisingly better. Can have a look if you want.

·
Registered
1,211 Posts
Autoglym bumper/trim gel works quite well. Lasts a good few washes too :thumbs:
Dabsafc is right. Also Impotant is how long it lasts. I have used it on my 145 bumpers and after many washes they still look good. This is what I have bought - Carplan

uploadfromtaptalk1371580667330.jpg

·
Registered
3,118 Posts
Back to sort of the original topic, what would people choose between autodelta intake and a bmc Cda, I'm thinking may as well add to the list of mods for the saloon.

·
Vendor
46,242 Posts
Back to sort of the original topic, what would people choose between autodelta intake and a bmc Cda, I'm thinking may as well add to the list of mods for the saloon.
It'd be the CDA for me if I had to choose between one or the other and couldn't afford both. You can cut the resonators off your original black plastic tube and fibreglass them over & re-paint which will do the same job as the carbon tube just look less tidy.

G

·
0 Posts
Discussion Starter #15
It'd be the CDA for me if I had to choose between one or the other and couldn't afford both. You can cut the resonators off your original black plastic tube and fibreglass them over & re-paint which will do the same job as the carbon tube just look less tidy.
:tut: Tidy engine bays are closer to god.

Went for a drive in a GTA with a CDA and liked the noise so will probably get one.

·
Registered
3,118 Posts
ah man you guys lol, so you saying buy an autodelta and stick a cda at the end of it and ditch the filter that comes with it. im sold :)

·
Vendor
46,242 Posts
ah man you guys lol, so you saying buy an autodelta and stick a cda at the end of it and ditch the filter that comes with it. im sold :)
If you can't find any better use for the best part of 500 sheets then why not.

·
Registered
3,118 Posts
Yeah i should use my brain and will leave it standard,Cda and autodelta is for looks and sound but for fuctionality the oem set up is fine. I will leave for now as it can be changed easily at any point.

S

·
0 Posts
Discussion Starter #20 (Edited)
Well, lesson learnt. The intake pipework isn't 76mm! The 76mm alloy external diameter pipe is 8mm too small! The resonator pipe measures 84mm external diameter!

Anyone need a 76mm alloy 90 degree bend. Let me know!

Where on earth do you get 84mm outside diameter alloy pipe 90s?

It seems standard sizes are 76mm, 80mm, 90mm and 102mm

1 - 20 of 79 Posts