Alfa Romeo Forum banner

1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
8 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hi all,

Anyone know how can I change to new bucket seats without causing the airbag light on? I changed my previous 916 GTV's steering wheel without causing the airbag light on by connecting a 2.2 Ohm resistor to the original airbag circuit.

Anyone know can I do similar thing on my 2001' 156 2.0 TS? If so, what resister should I use?

Jackie

·
Registered
12,881 Posts
Do a search for "airbag resistor" and I'm sure that SEARs (Pat) has put in a resistor to do exactly this ...

·
Registered
7,032 Posts
a resistor will do the trick but when you unclip the wiring the airbag led will come on, so you need Alfadiag or some such to erase the error.

·
Registered
12,881 Posts
a resistor will do the trick but when you unclip the wiring the airbag led will come on, so you need Alfadiag or some such to erase the error.
... well you say that but ... I've recently changed my seats and during the process I was driving round for a while with only 1 front seat, hence the airbag light was one ... I installed the new seat and the light went out ... all by itself ...

... also when you're doing the change over its best to have the battery disconnected for 30 mins prior to messing about with the airbag stuff ...

·
Registered
8 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
thanks mates!

so I need a 4.7 ohm resistor according to below info?

Steering Wheel Airbag resistor is 2 ohm .5 watt
Seat Airbag resistors needed is 4.7 ohm .5 watt
Passenger Airbag resistor needed is 4.7 ohm .5 watt
Curtain Airbag resistors needed is 4.7 ohm .5 watt
Seat Belt Tensioner resistor needed is 4.7 ohm .5 watt

failed

·
Registered
7,032 Posts
... well you say that but ... I've recently changed my seats and during the process I was driving round for a while with only 1 front seat, hence the airbag light was one ... I installed the new seat and the light went out ... all by itself ...

... also when you're doing the change over its best to have the battery disconnected for 30 mins prior to messing about with the airbag stuff ...
it depends on the year of the car , MY97 and MY99 airbags do not reset automatically , you must have one of the latest models.

·
Registered
12,881 Posts
it depends on the year of the car MY97 and MY99 airbags do not reset automatically , you must have one of the latest models.
It's a '52 reg (2002) ... and the MY99 connects ok via alfadiag ...

·
Registered
8 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
thanks mates!

so I need a 4.7 ohm resistor according to below info?

Steering Wheel Airbag resistor is 2 ohm .5 watt
Seat Airbag resistors needed is 4.7 ohm .5 watt
Passenger Airbag resistor needed is 4.7 ohm .5 watt
Curtain Airbag resistors needed is 4.7 ohm .5 watt
Seat Belt Tensioner resistor needed is 4.7 ohm .5 watt

failed
am i correct on this guess? just don't want to mess things up. :)

·
Registered
12,881 Posts
am i correct on this guess? just don't want to mess things up. :)
Yep that will do ... if they are too small/large then alfadiag will tell you and you can adjust them ...

1 - 10 of 10 Posts