Alfa Romeo Forum banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts
G

·
Discussion Starter #1
My car wanders under heavy braking. The suspension and wishys were replaced in December last year, although this didn't cure the problem. What next to check ????

·
Registered
4,651 Posts
It`s usually worn wishbone bushes that cause it

The only cure i found so far is to fit Powerflex bushes ............cured it on mine :D

G

·
Discussion Starter #5
The tracking is spot on, no funky tyre wear anyway. So I'm gonna go with the brake imbalance. Maybe that's why I can fade my brakes too easily even with Fast Road pads and grooved discs :confused:

·
Registered
1,738 Posts
Marlon- could it be because of too much rear brake bias. If it doesn't come from the front wheels (pulling and tramlining), this could be the cause. Alfasuds were especially prone to this due to geometry and brake balance. I mention this because I remember something about the spring in your brake load valve. If this was true, could you actually be fading the REAR brakes first?

G

·
Discussion Starter #7
Hmmmm, the wander does seem to come from the front, although I have often thought I might be fading the rear brakes. They never seem that hot though the fronts are roasting. Better get that spring anyway...... :rolleyes:

1 - 7 of 7 Posts