Alfa Romeo Forum banner

1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
23 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Im buying a 159 2.2JTS, so i expect it will have the hesitation issue.

As im in Aberdeen, going to London for an Autodelta map is a very long trip. I contacted wallaceperformance in aberdeen and was told:

"Good afternoon, We certainly can remap your Alfa at a cost of £499 fitted. This would give you gains of around 30bhp and 30lb/ft of torque"

Im a bit wary of the large increase in bhp, has any one any experinece with these guys, do i really need the auto delta map or will this be ok?

N

·
0 Posts
+30BHP on a non-turbo 2.2JTS? Hmmmm........

I don't know if anyone other than AD are offering something
specifically to fix the drive-abilty of the car.

·
Registered
23 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
I suppose I really need to wait till Wednesday, get the car and see how bad it is. Does this invalidate the Warranty?

·
Vendor
46,130 Posts
That large increase in BHP is just not possible on a such a small normally aspirated engine. I would avoid.

N

·
0 Posts
I'd leave it for a few months anyway.

If it's new you'll need to run it in.

If it's 2nd hand, someone may have already done
something about it.

A filter change and using SP97 does keep it to a minimum.
It only bugged the **** out of me after I found
out that it was possible to get rid of it.

It's only noticeable when you are being gentle anyway.

·
Registered
23 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
Its an 07 that has never been sold so has only been for a few tests drives so pretty much new.

I'll take your advice and leave it for a while, see how i feel about it. might get them to fit the filter when its up for its 1 yr service in a couple of months.

·
Registered
23 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
I now have my new alfa and I love it! Dont think I really need the remap, I can tell what people are taking about but it really isn't that noticable at the moment. Very happily sat at the window watching it turn heads as people go by!

·
Registered
7 Posts
I've used Wallace performance and they're excellent at setting up suspension and have a great reputation with those in the know in the area. Russel there is a wiz with electronics, rolling road etc. Probably right they were quoting the turbo gains but you can be sure they'll get the max possible.

·
Registered
7 Posts
Second the post on Russell, he,s a genuine guy.
Ive used him/RR for couple o years now tuning my 12psi mx5.
Hopefully let him loose on a 159 in the near future

1 - 10 of 10 Posts