Alfa Romeo Forum banner

1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Registered
10,915 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
:cheese: The other night Sooty past comment about how quiet the AONS was...no activity for a day or 2......Now its a week.

Is everyone hibernating now that they have stocked up their nuts north of the north south divide.
Have you all driven south for the winter?

Last one out switch the light off.:cheese: Oh you did sorry..its not Spring....go back to SNOOOOOZE.

Pomeo

·
Registered
3,436 Posts
Shhh you'll wake them up!

I think the problem is they don't have any one to talk to up here. If you search in auto trader there are 133 Alfa romeos for sale within 100 miles of Glasgow. However there are just 37 Alfa romeos within a hundred miles of Aberdeen. They don't have any 166's to choose from could you imagine that!

They must be in immaculate condition as there are never here looking for advice. There in the south section doing that! :D

·
Registered
181 Posts
All this talking has woken me up!

Not alot hapening up here at the moment, think there is quite a bit of distance between owners to get a regular meet organised.

Would be nice to meet and chat with other owners but getting everybody together is harder up here.

·
Registered
181 Posts
Yes hopefully this will mean i can fill the tank and maybe get out more often!:lol:

·
Registered
391 Posts
Well it has been discussed b4 but there is just not the interest up here,we occasionally had a meet over the last yr,but with the same couple of faces,the PM is now used more often:)

Happy Man was on a mission to sort the rep and get things turned around,strange that the fix has also gone very quiet!

IMHO,the current situation of bad news,job insecurity and lack of spending has probably had a significant effect.

I have not even bothered to look at buying cars or salvage of late,folk just arent spending money,so why bother?

Derek

·
Registered
1,104 Posts
Yea sad but true with the situation being as it is it's difficult. I would like to go along to at least one meet over the next year though..

·
Registered
4,924 Posts
I have been busy moving house, and going on training courses, hence my lack of activity.

·
Registered
10,915 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
I have been busy moving house, and going on training courses, hence my lack of activity.
Lack of activity andrew.....I'd say you have been very busy:cheese:

Pomeo

·
Premium Member
13,135 Posts
I think the credit crunch is effecting everyone, and is causing a downer almost everywhere (inc. on AO). But we AOSS mob often wander over the North South devide (AKA the Tay:lol: ). Please keep an eye open for our mor northerly meets and runs. You'd be very welcome to join us if you can :thumbs: :flag:

I even met Growler in Buckie once ;)

·
Registered
10,915 Posts
Discussion Starter #11
Back to hibernating people....-10 forecast for tonight so get well wrapped up etc Triple sleeping bags etc.

Pomeo

1 - 11 of 11 Posts