Alfa Romeo Forum banner

1 - 20 of 24 Posts

·
Registered
7,115 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
after standing idle for 6 months, my 166 passed the MOT with no issues, well apart from changing the two front tyres (and in Pomeo style, new ones were in the boot) but the ones on there were still legal, just.

I only had to do the middle section of the exhaust and front discs beforehand, so well chuffed, decent aircon in time for the summer :)

·
Registered
14,575 Posts
:cool:

·
Registered
10,889 Posts
Well done Purple.

I am just preparing Lacey.
Started today .
Was going to do the OSF bottom ball joint but I saw the grease had been oozing oot of the the edge of the CV boot so did that first.
Will see if that is a success first before sticking the new bottom arm on.As well as the new discs n pads.

doing the handbrake cable brake pipe and calipers tomorrow.

Then a wee shot of Pomeos tyres or the new ones.

Oh and the rear drop links.Just have to find them first.

The main reason I AM ON HERE just now is that I haven't heard Laceys radiator fan running for a long long time and the wee temp creep up when stuck in traffic has me suspecting the rad fan.

Pomeo

·
Registered
7,115 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
thanks chaps,

good to be able to drvie it again, nice and calming, unlike the up and at 'em 145 qv I have been using :D

·
Registered
67 Posts
Well done Mr Purple... I am a new 166 owner!...mine is a 3.0 litre Sportronic... in WHAT COLOUR?..
Having taken advice from you on this forum .. and others .. I took the plunge, and bought the best condition car as a base from which to work from that I could.
It is a year 2000 on a V plate..has full service history up till 68k.. now on 70k... cambelt done this week at SIMPLY ALFAS.. and new rad, oil, filter & plugs.
Car has no leather! but an easy upgrade if I want to mess with it,...
It has.
17" Horseshoes with brand new Avon ZV3`s
Sat-Nav.
ICS Phone fitted.
DSP amp = speakers.
Disc Player.
Xenon Headlights.
The only issue is the indicators not cancelling.. tough I will live with it.. !!

so thank you all for the advice.. I am really lovin this car..will post pics when possible... hope to go to the West Mids Meet soon.

regards NuvolaBloo

·
Registered
7,115 Posts
Discussion Starter #11
Novulabloo, welcome, that sounds like a real honey, as you say, only leather missing from spec list to get 166 perfection.

Was the original buyer a vegetarian?

·
Registered
222 Posts
Well done Mr Purple... I am a new 166 owner!...mine is a 3.0 litre Sportronic... in WHAT COLOUR?..
Having taken advice from you on this forum .. and others .. I took the plunge, and bought the best condition car as a base from which to work from that I could.
It is a year 2000 on a V plate..has full service history up till 68k.. now on 70k... cambelt done this week at SIMPLY ALFAS.. and new rad, oil, filter & plugs.
Car has no leather! but an easy upgrade if I want to mess with it,...
It has.
17" Horseshoes with brand new Avon ZV3`s
Sat-Nav.
ICS Phone fitted.
DSP amp = speakers.
Disc Player.
Xenon Headlights.
The only issue is the indicators not cancelling.. tough I will live with it.. !!

so thank you all for the advice.. I am really lovin this car..will post pics when possible... hope to go to the West Mids Meet soon.

regards NuvolaBloo
Welcome NuvolaBloo, good luck with your new 166. For the indicator issue have a look at this one: http://www.alfaowner.com/Forum/alfa-164-and-166/83173-166-lh-indicator-cancelling-fixed.html

Klaas Wortel

·
Registered
3,436 Posts
sorry to hear that Pomeo.....

what were the issues?
I typical Pomeo style the information is spread over many threads.

Well Laceys turn today.

AS Victor Meldrew would say " I dont believe it"

As John Mclane would say " How can the same **** happen to the same guy twice."

Passed the brake test and everything but during the test the pipe burst as the nsr where it connects to the flexi.

Goin oot between showers and get splicing.

When better weather comes the whole lot is getting done....Genuine Alfa pipes too.

Pomeo TTFN.
Sorry she failed

I'm sure you'll manage to fix her.

Stuart

·
Registered
379 Posts
Passed the equivalent MOT test here in Beirut yesterday.[ yes,we do have them]..Mind you, I had to change a non conforming number plate.Could not be read by radars I was told...So???????????:lol:

·
Registered
10,889 Posts
Passed the equivalent MOT test here in Beirut yesterday.[ yes,we do have them]..Mind you, I had to change a non conforming number plate.Could not be read by radars I was told...So???????????:lol:
Yea Dafi you really have to watch out for those Jaguars and Harriers, in your neck of the woods, with the forward looking radar.:D ;) :cheese: :cheese: :cheese:

Pomeo

Rained off ...all I had to do was tighten up brake pipe refit exhaust and bleed brake and back for retest....Rain aargh just another 10 mins...or if I has tain the exhaust aff i the first place.

·
Registered
363 Posts
I had a 1st attempt pass on Friday but it was our lass's ZX so didn't post. Not bad for a 15 yr old eh!

·
Registered
379 Posts
Yea Dafi you really have to watch out for those Jaguars and Harriers, in your neck of the woods, with the forward looking radar.:D ;) :cheese: :cheese: :cheese:

Pomeo

Rained off ...all I had to do was tighten up brake pipe refit exhaust and bleed brake and back for retest....Rain aargh just another 10 mins...or if I has tain the exhaust aff i the first place.
Yep,but it's more like hawker hunters here..and they dont fly,they cruise the motorway...:lol:

1 - 20 of 24 Posts