Alfa Romeo Forum banner

1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Registered
14,788 Posts
To be fair to VW, everyone seemed quite happy driving around in diesel Golfs and Passats until the news broke. The big losers are us poor sods who had to breathe in all the **** coming out of their exhausts.

·
Registered
34,388 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Exactly. In the legal terms as VW sees it the people suffering the effects of their cheat device should be suing the owners before VW sees any financial obligation to those taking the class action against them. Some of CEO Herbert Diess’s 8 million euros a year salary should then go to society. The bosses of Ford and FCA are forgoing between all and half of their salaries during the next months. VW’s boss is responsible for hundreds of thousands of workers who are not working. A Skoda worker earns his daily salary in a year.

·
Registered
5,570 Posts
To be fair to VW, everyone seemed quite happy driving around in diesel Golfs and Passats until the news broke. The big losers are us poor sods who had to breathe in all the **** coming out of their exhausts.
How often does a Brit complain in a restaurant?

·
Registered
5,570 Posts
How many times have you been to a German restaurant ?
Cant actually say I ever thought of eating in a German restaurant.

·
Registered
34,388 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
The last meal I had in a German restaurant was in a Pizzeria in Koln. As we left there was a Fawlty Towers moment as a mouse scampered past from the kitchen looking round indignantly as if to say “what are you looking at”?

·
Registered
Mercedes Benz 190E
17,718 Posts
In the U.K., in the first hearing, it was agreed that what was on the VWs was a cheat device. That was the first hurdle to clear.

If VW is found guilty, I think VW owners hoping for a big payout will be disappointed with what’s left once the lawyers’ fees are paid. I reckon they’ll see £400 - £600 each.

·
Registered
34,388 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
Why Ford is getting involved in another collaboration with these dishonest people I don’t understand, giving them access to the Transit and Ranger..

·
Registered
Mercedes Benz 190E
17,718 Posts
Why Ford is getting involved in another collaboration with these dishonest people I don’t understand, giving them access to the Transit and Ranger..
profits v ethics?

1 - 11 of 11 Posts