Alfa Romeo Forum banner

1 - 20 of 23 Posts

·
Registered
3,013 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I get madly irritated by the latest Golf ad.
Jeez it makes my blood boil, like a golf:mad:

"Double overhead cam, oh yeah like a Golf" and every other 'kin car on the road, what morons take in this bilge and then buy a car based on it?

Oh and maybe this should be in Rant room?

:mad::mad::mad:

Comments please

·
Registered
3,013 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
i think its about people aspiring to mediocrity - Owning a Golf

·
Registered
6,811 Posts
not every car has dohc either, but i get your point:D:lol:

·
Registered
3,263 Posts
I love the way the park it across the street at the end and frame their neighbours as...... golf driving people. I don't know where I was going with that sentance :lol:

·
Registered
15,686 Posts
I love the way the park it across the street at the end and frame their neighbours as...... golf driving people. I don't know where I was going with that sentance :lol:
Nor do I!! :lol:

·
Registered
Not a Mercedes Benz 190E
18,712 Posts

·
Registered
349 Posts
"Double overhead cam, oh yeah like a Golf"
Yes, it's a stupid advert. Made even more so by the fact that in this particular scene, the kids are leaning over what is in fact a purple/pinky Mk 4 Golf. So it would be like a golf, because it in fact is one.

·
Registered
5,250 Posts
As I always mute adverts, until now, I have no idea what they are on about, that woman in the showroom should be reported for chewing that poor wasp though.

·
Registered
900 Posts
I like it :p

On a real note VW are just playing on their own hype, by pretending everyone likes to own a golf they are making thick people think they should because everyone does.... if that makes sense???

Its a disgrace of an advert really as the car they are looking at working on the engine is a bloody mk3 golf anyway, also im sure most new cars make a solid sound when the door shuts and well if im honest i hate the mk6.... I mean any car that needs a 'Noise Generator' inside the car as the engine is so quiet is beyond me!!!

Id have another R32 or the new Golf R though hahaha

·
Registered
3,013 Posts
Discussion Starter #14
I like it :p

On a real note VW are just playing on their own hype, by pretending everyone likes to own a golf they are making thick people think they should because everyone does.... if that makes sense???

Its a disgrace of an advert really as the car they are looking at working on the engine is a bloody mk3 golf anyway, also im sure most new cars make a solid sound when the door shuts and well if im honest i hate the mk6.... I mean any car that needs a 'Noise Generator' inside the car as the engine is so quiet is beyond me!!!

Id have another R32 or the new Golf R though hahaha
One of my rice burning mates reckons the engine in that golf is a pulsar one...... I wouldn't know myself.

My missus has a 16v twin cam............... Citreon Picasso, like a golf:lol:

E

·
0 Posts

"Double overhead cam, oh yeah like a Golf" and every other 'kin car on the road, what morons take in this bilge and then buy a car based on it?

Comments please
The first double overhead cam engine was in a 1912 FIAT grand prix car. Stick that up your tailpipes VW!!!

·
Registered
3,013 Posts
Discussion Starter #16
The first double overhead cam engine was in a 1912 FIAT grand prix car. Stick that up your tailpipes VW!!!
You know at my age (40) when I hear the phrase twin cam, I always think of the old Fiat mirifiori ('scuse my spelling)
My FIL had one back in the day, but he got rid to get a cortina:tut:, he did like it though...

·
Registered
294 Posts
You know at my age (40) when I hear the phrase twin cam, I always think of the old Fiat mirifiori ('scuse my spelling)
My FIL had one back in the day, but he got rid to get a cortina:tut:, he did like it though...
Yip I'm 44 and "TWIN CAM" was shorthand for the Fiat engine, we fitted one to a Moggie traveler for a customer wayback in the mid eighties.

·
Registered
294 Posts

Comments please
The ad is a load of bull but the cars are great.

1 - 20 of 23 Posts