Alfa Romeo Forum banner

1361 - 1378 of 1378 Posts

·
Registered
32,692 Posts
Discussion Starter #1,363
It’s reassuring to see the comments when they post a new car ad on Twitter.
Still , maybe like to be associated with the bully in the playground. VW’s current PR offensive is quite ridiculous promoting cars you can’t even buy that are electric.

·
Registered
17,123 Posts

·
Registered
32,692 Posts
Discussion Starter #1,369
Their employees have guaranteed jobs for several years and VW is spending tens of billions on going electric. They have 80%more employees than Toyota! It’s all going very interestingly. Oh and margins have more than halved recently.

·
Registered
17,123 Posts
In the latest NCAP test, a rear door fell off a VW MPV in the side pole test. I’m not an expert on these matters, but I’d say that’s probably not very good.

·
Registered
17,123 Posts
So there are two points of failure here. The door became unlatched (I’ve seen that before in this test, but it usually rebounds back).

Then, I guess if the B Pillar twisted on impact, the hinge attaching the door to it, must have failed too. Surely VW has done this test internally? I wonder how it performed in its tests?

·
Registered
1,950 Posts
In the latest NCAP test, a rear door fell off a VW MPV in the side pole test. I’m not an expert on these matters, but I’d say that’s probably not very good.

There were three test dummies. One sat in the front and survived.
Other Touran out the side door.

·
Registered
17,123 Posts
You jokers! (y)

But isn’t a bit wrong that in 2019 and some 22 years after these types of globally recognised tests were first conducted, a door can fall off a car?

1361 - 1378 of 1378 Posts