Alfa Romeo Forum banner

1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
36,695 Posts
Discussion Starter #2
Not just collusion on prices but emissions;

The timing for the introduction of emission technologies for medium and heavy trucks to comply with the increasingly strict European emissions standards (from Euro III through to the currently applicable Euro VI)

the passing on to customers of the costs for the emissions technologies required to comply with the increasingly strict European emissions standards (from Euro III through to the currently applicable Euro VI).

·
Registered
38,319 Posts
This is why Britain need to withdraw immediately from the EU.
To protect British firms from these meddling EU bureaucrats in Brussels.

:rant:

Article 50, NOW!

Errrrr.... :eek:

·
Registered
36,695 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
But if you're in the tent with the bullies at least you can pee out of it !

Or something....

·
Administrator. ?? ?? Devoid of gorm.
7,647 Posts
Not acting alone. MAN , who took over the last bit of the U.K. Truck industry to close it down, and most of the rest have been operating a cartel. European Commission - PRESS RELEASES - Press release - Antitrust: Commission fines truck producers ? 2.93 billion for participating in a cartel
Well done Scania.
Scania is indeed an important observation milo.
This thread (title) is a bit finger pointy to the 'evil' VW empire, but on reading details in the link provided, I see that, it was MAN that blew the whistle on the whole thing (conscience?) and Scania, another VW brand, not involved at all. Sounds to me as tho VW was not the key protagonist in this.

·
Administrator. ?? ?? Devoid of gorm.
7,647 Posts
Could be that Scania is to VW what SAAB was to GM......
Scania was a more forceful and recent takeover by VW.
Both valid points, however, they do not alter the fact that it still sounds to me as VW was not the key protagonist in this.
I could be wrong. But that is how it looks to me.
Let's see if more info comes out.

·
Registered
565 Posts
It does look like VW have spotted a great opportunity to create themselves a much bigger slice of the European market to compensate for diminishing sales in South America. They stood to gain far more than they would lose by whistleblowing

1 - 10 of 10 Posts