Alfa Romeo Forum banner

1 - 16 of 16 Posts

·
Registered
698 Posts
Brought a Jag in from England last year, went through the inspection. Ask away...!

·
Registered
279 Posts
Brought a modified MX5 in last year and the GT in this summer, no problems with either, they just checked mileage was the same and chassis no as that on the v5

·
Registered
1,316 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
I was just wondering how much detail they go onto. I am bringing in a modified car and I don't fancy them looking at mods and deciding upon a dreamt up value.

·
Registered
279 Posts
Don't think they bother changing the value any more if there's mods. The MX5 I brought in was no where near standard, the inspector even commented on it, he just checked the mileage, not even sure he checked the chassis no come to think of it.
The vrt quote he gave me was exactly the same as the one on the ros site.
Just make sure you VRT it within a month of the purchase date on the V5, otherwise you will have to pay a fine, I learned this the hard way.

·
Registered
1,316 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
Don't think they bother changing the value any more if there's mods. The MX5 I brought in was no where near standard, the inspector even commented on it, he just checked the mileage, not even sure he checked the chassis no come to think of it.
The vrt quote he gave me was exactly the same as the one on the ros site.
Just make sure you VRT it within a month of the purchase date on the V5, otherwise you will have to pay a fine, I learned this the hard way.

Ah yeah I will alright. I was spinning around in a 156 with yellow plates before. Always looking over my shoulder. I'm going to get it out of the way ASAP.

:thumbs:

·
Registered
1,273 Posts
Screen shot it and print it off. Don't know if it will actually work but it might as you've proof! What age is the 156? 720 I think is the minimum value

·
Registered
5,950 Posts
I just got a quote for the VRT on a GTA from the ros website. 720 Euro. Surely that is not correct?
Sounds like 36% of €2000.
Maybe they don't think the GTA is worth any more?#
+1 on the screenshot....

·
Registered
1,316 Posts
Discussion Starter #12
I am sure mine will be 720 anyway but I was just checking the price of a GTA for interest and it was 720. That is a bargain if anyone wanted to bring one in. I just couldn't stomach the tax every year. Especially since they closed up the "loophole".

·
Registered
5,950 Posts
ah right. Ye 2.5 aint too bad at 1k. Better value than a 1.4 for 400 ish
I like your perspective Peter!!!

But, a Sud might be a little more than 1.4 but is great craic!

1 - 16 of 16 Posts