Alfa Romeo Forum banner
1 - 13 of 13 Posts

·
Administrator
47,730 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Anyone know of anywhere to get them in 225/45/17 for less than the £92.50 mytyres are charging?

For the last few months I've been checking my front tyres, secure in the knowledge that fronts wear quicker than rears. Today, on a whim, checked the rears too, and they're right on the TWIs. :eek:

Had been forgetting to take account of them having been on the car for a year or two longer.

So tomorrow morning, looks like I'll be ringing round a few local places to see who is willing to fit customer-supplied tyres for a reasonable price.

·
Registered
33,643 Posts
I use Camskill too.

·
Registered
29,280 Posts
tyre prices are bonkers.

bazza's 225/17's are £88 on there

same place, 235/18's are £170 :eek:

remind me to buy a smaller car with smaller wheels next time :cry:

·
Administrator
47,730 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
It's not always just the size - it can be the rarity of that size too. I remember saving about £50 a corner on my Fiat Coupe by getting a very slightly different ratio, because it was a much more commonly used size.

Thanks for the advice - the price differences are minimal, but I will now go with Camskill based on the good reports of their service. (And their delivery looking likely to be quick.)

·
Administrator
47,730 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
Didn't realise that - should be even better for postage times then. Mytyres stuff comes from Holland!

·
Premium Member
19,119 Posts
are these tyres actually any good bazza?

·
Administrator
47,730 Posts
Discussion Starter · #11 ·
how do u get them fitted? I sit worth it if you have to pay someone else to fit them?
There's an ATS local to me who I've been impressed with in the past. I rang them first to see if they could supply Vredestein - when they said they couldn't, I asked if they were willing to fit if I supplied. They will do so for £11 a corner.

are these tyres actually any good bazza?
I've had Vred's on for a few years now - I think they're excellent, and very well priced for their abilities.

·
Premium Member
19,119 Posts
I've had Vred's on for a few years now - I think they're excellent, and very well priced for their abilities.
Can't fault you if you're happy with them. :thumbs:

·
Administrator
47,730 Posts
Discussion Starter · #13 ·
Got them fitted this morning, no bother. ATS seems to be a definite step up from Kwik Fit - in that all their staff are 21 instead of 16. :lol:

The guys in there were very pleasant and friendly though, and got many brownie points for talking enthusiastically about how much they liked the GTA. :D

"Is that a standard kit?" "I really like the front bumper - it looks angry!"

1 - 13 of 13 Posts