Alfa Romeo Forum banner
1 - 20 of 44 Posts

·
Registered
236 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 · (Edited)
Vredestein Ultrac Sessanta tyres anyone?

Has anyone tried these tyres - especially on the Brera or 159? They seem to get good reviews from mags and tyre test sites but never come across them myself. At nearly £70 a corner cheaper than P-Zeros etc. thought they looked rather good.

This Extra Load requirement certainly cramps choice :(

VREDESTEIN TYRES / CAR / VREDESTEIN ULTRAC SESSANTA - 235/45R18 98Y XL : £116.00 : Car Tyres - MPV Tyres - People Carrier Tyres : R18" - 235/45/18, 235/45 R 18 -

·
Registered
17,177 Posts
I spotted them the other day and they look very snazzy.
;)
Not tried them myself, but next time I'm going to try something different from my current Bridgestones and I don't like P Zero Neros so these might be worth a go!

·
Registered
17,177 Posts
That's the same bloke who designed Bazza's fridge!
:thumbs:
Or was it his sandwich toaster?
:confused:
;)

·
Registered
833 Posts
Tried to get hold of Vredestein when replacing rears but tyres were on a months wait from my fitters supplier. I've heard good reports about them. Also tried to get hold of Kumho Ecsta but none were in the country. Resorted to Bridgestones.

·
Registered
2,877 Posts
I have the Ultrac Sessanta on my 916 Spider and they are great.

I will be putting them on my 939 Spider shortly.

As you say, the only problem is getting hold of them....

mytyres seem to stock them....?http://www.tiremen.co.uk

·
Administrator
47,730 Posts
That's the same bloke who designed Bazza's fridge!
:thumbs:
Or was it his sandwich toaster?
:confused:
;)
It was my Washing Machine :p

But as it happens, it's also my rear tyres, since I have Ultrac Sessantas there. And if you want to know whether I'm pleased with them... well, I'm getting a pair fitted to the front next week too.

·
Registered
236 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
Thanks all :)

Local tyre fitters in Bromsgrove can get them in 2 days. £136 a corner fitted, balanced etc. Might be able to get more knocked off for 4. Sounds good to me.

·
Administrator
47,730 Posts
What size is that? I can get them here for £100-ish a tyre. That's 225/45/17 (I think).
I'd have a quick look on mytyres.co.uk if I were you, just to be sure you're not paying too much.

·
Registered
236 Posts
Discussion Starter · #10 ·
What size is that? I can get them here for £100-ish a tyre. That's 225/45/17 (I think).
I'd have a quick look on mytyres.co.uk if I were you, just to be sure you're not paying too much.
It's the 235/45 R18 XL ; the extra 1" seems to cost a great deal :cry:

mytyres are quoting £142. Did get them for about £116 elsewhere but when you add fitting and delivery it was about the same price.

·
Registered
446 Posts
I put on Khumo 235/45 18 tyres,they are so much quieter than than the 235/45 18 pirelli and less than half the price.I don't think we can get Vredestein tyres in Australia.I can't tell any difference in grip but they are also more comfortable.

·
Registered
9,979 Posts
well, I'm getting a pair fitted to the front next week too.
Finally getting round to the fronts then Bazza? Now ive got me claws on I need two more tyres then I have a full set of Ultrac's too!

*though not Sessanta's

·
Registered
17,177 Posts
I was chatting to my friendly mobile tyre fitter yesterday and he was saying the Vreds are excellent, but can sometimes be hard to get hold of. Very popular in Europe on high performance stuff apparrently.

·
Administrator
47,730 Posts
My chosen tyre fitter - you have to ring ahead and order them in. Mind you, only took him a day or two to get them last time.

·
Registered
498 Posts
I just would like to recommend to NOT mix Vredestein tyres with other brands (especially grippy ones). On my 350Z I had Bridgestone RE040 from the start and after the rear tyres where worn, I replaced them with Vredestein ULTRAC (but not "Sessanta"). It was horrible in the beginning. It got better with time, but got never right. The car felt quite unstable and that subjective impression was prooven by occational activations of the ESP in perfectly harmless bends.
They may be OK, when you replace all four, but I would still rate Vredesteins as a bit "slippery".

·
Registered
2,877 Posts
Ive just ordered two for my Spider.

235/45r18 with the XL weight rating. Paid just under £150 each. Would have been cheaper to buy in the UK but I needed them quickish.

·
Registered
2,877 Posts

·
Registered
17,177 Posts
Yes, but it just looks odd when you are more used to the Goodyear F1 style treads which are directional. These look like they should be handed don't they?
i.e. a specific one for the left hand side of the car and then one for the right.
:D

1 - 20 of 44 Posts