Alfa Romeo Forum banner

1 - 20 of 34 Posts

·
Registered
1,478 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Not really a vote, but what's your favourite Alfa car? Not talking about reliability, engine sizes etc etc...

Purely on aesthetics, which Alfa gives you the hots or the trots? Nominate no more than two from Alfas wonderful history

As a Sportwagon devotee, my vote goes to:

156. Both saloon and SW are pretty, so has to be 156 SW and the Brera Spider.

The least attractive has to be IMHO... and it is only my opinion: GTV. And the Mito.

The new Giulia comes close. Very nice looking car.

Not looking to upset anyone who owns the ones that don't 'do it' for me, but would be good to get a sweeping opinion on Alfas designs over the decades.

·
Registered
13,230 Posts
Least favourite is the Arna... but that's probably because the body is a Nissan and we're only marking on appearance.

In that case... probably the 75. It's just a bit to 80's for me. The closest contenders (Alfa 6 and 90) at least have a clean line, whereas poor old 75 looks a touch ungainly.

Best looker .. close one between the original Giulietta or the 916 GTV. But I like retro' more... so Giulietta wins it.

Ralf S.

·
Registered
416 Posts
GT Junior goes to the top of my list - makes me weak at the knees that.
105 series GTV is another pretty one for me that I adore and would love to own either of the two one day - but GT Junior more than the other.

SZ is another one that I loved the look of when I first got into Alfas - no other car on the road has that look and it gets better when twinned with the Busso inside.
Then there's the Tipo 33 that I saw at a car show and that's a seriously beautiful car and I could have sat there for a few hours admiring it from every angle.

Then there's your Montreals, the 156 - in GTA form of course for me - although not exactly pretty in that form, the 147 GTA, 916 GTV, 4C - I hired it for a day and it was gorgeous from up close.
And finally there's all the older cars, such as the Monza, 6C, the original and the new Disco Volante and the list goes on and on and on...

Just thinking about all those beautiful Alfas has brought a smile to my face, despite having to fork out a ton of money for the two Alfas at home in the last month.

EDIT: Sorry to OP - just saw that there was a 2 car minimum - but now that I have posted already I'm going to have to break that rule :evil:

·
Registered
47 Posts
I think the most beautiful Alfas would be the 33 Stradale and the Disco Volante for me, although the Montreal and 8c would be up there. To be honest I could not pick between those four.
In recent times I would say 916 GTV, 156 or the 164.

Possibly an odd choice the last one but thinking about my fathers 164, it was just so much prettier than the equivalent Mercs and BMWs of the time. Even now I love the look of the car.

·
Registered
2,389 Posts
Alfa Romeo Tipo B, usually known as P3.

As mine is the winning answer, please send me one soon, Plastic Penguin, or the £5 million to buy the one featured in Motor Sport this month.

·
Registered
455 Posts
Most beautiful Alfa ever is the 8C. Ugliest probably the SZ.

·
Registered
37,544 Posts
So Many decent ones to choose from for favorite.

Tipo, 8C, 164, 156, GTV, Montreal, 4C..

Least favorite in terms of style to me are the 33, 155 narrow body and the MiTo

·
Registered
5,437 Posts
The post war 1900 Alfa Romeos were a life saver for the company. With body work by Touring of Milan were just so pretty.

The Alfa Romeo 1900 Super Sprint: silver screen and royal collections | Italian Ways

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Alfa_Romeo_1900#/media/File:110_ans_de_l'automobile_au_Grand_Palais_-Alfa_Romeo_1900C_Series_2_Sprint_Coupé_-_1954_-_003.jpg

Then there were the 2600 Spider, drop dead gorgeous!

http://www.madle.org/og06ar2600st66.jpg

The 105/115 series cars also make me smile, so to the Alfetta (GTV) but then for a long time Alfa Romeo followed the 80's and 90's theme and none of the cars were what you could call pretty, not until the 156, 916 and then the 939 series cars, 159, Brera and Spider.

But undoubtedly without including the cars with hand made bodywork of the 30's, then it was the Alfa Romeos of the 50's, 60's and early 70's which were the pretties.

I would never say any of their cars were ugly (OK I admit the Arna!) as beauty is always subjective.

·
Registered
33,771 Posts
The berlinas , including the sixties Giulia, were more of a cleaned up bit of engineering than the 156 , which "rediscovered " a style which, I feel ,never really existed.

·
Registered
2,259 Posts
My worst all time Alfa was the 70's 80's guilletta the alfa 90 was not much better but then you also need to look at the others makers cars of the time in comparison I suppose :irked:

·
Registered
4,196 Posts
There are so many cars from way back in the day that are beautiful, and the 33 Stradale and the SZ definitely deserves a honourable mention.

But I'd also have to go for the 156, specifically the GTA sedan. That design is just so good!

In terms of the worst, not sure the Arna qualifies as an Alfa, but if it does, definitely that.

L

·
0 Posts
I dislike MiTo (even the name of it) and 145. Just fugly. Stelvio doesn't impress me either. 33 Stradale and 8C are prettiest

·
Regional Support North, Is there a meet near you?
63,384 Posts
916 Gtv, Brera, Giulia, 145, 155, 8C Comp and Spider, Junior Zagato, Tipo 33 Strad, GT

Dislikes:
75, Giulietta, 156

Everything else is just a bit meh

·
Registered
994 Posts
Three that spring to mind are the Montreal, GTV 916 and 8c
Also like the 80s Alfetta saloon and 90 but prepared to be in the minority with these !

·
Registered
7,183 Posts
Design/shape:
Good: 8C; Spider Duetto; 948 Spider, 916 GTV.
Bad: Arna.
Ugly: Arna again.

·
Registered
37,544 Posts
The original 166 is another one I just didn't get.

Most of the car looked stunning, especially the side and rear 3/4 views, but that face. :(

1 - 20 of 34 Posts