Alfa Romeo Forum banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts
Y

·
0 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hi All

I just called a dealer (two, actually) to ask about getting new buttons for my volume controls on the wheel of my 2002 JTS... the buttons have been really worn away.
I was AMAZED to be told that I had to replace not just the rubber buttons but the whole button unit, at $800AU in total (for both sides)!!
Does anyone know if Alfa in the UK supply just the rubber buttons themselves... or would anyone be willing to try to find out for me?

Any help you can give would be great, as I may need to order the buttons from the UK.

Thanks everyone, happy driving.

Mike

·
Registered
25,673 Posts
800 Australian dollars = 322.778428 British pounds << Google Conversion

That's bloody daft, I bet a whole new steering wheel doesn't cost that much.

·
Registered
2,519 Posts
A new facelift steering wheel with buttons, on ebay, goes for no more than £150 English pounds.

Tell them , Mate, you're dreamin'

Y

·
0 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
800 Australian dollars = 322.778428 British pounds << Google Conversion

That's bloody daft, I bet a whole new steering wheel doesn't cost that much.
Yes, you're right, it's bloody ridiculous to charge that much for a couple of simple switches.
All alfa parts seem to be stupidly expensive here in Australia... I guess because there are still a lot less Alfas here than in Europe...
New steering wheel is about $2,500AU.

Y

·
0 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
A new facelift steering wheel with buttons, on ebay, goes for no more than £150 English pounds.

Tell them , Mate, you're dreamin'
I've tried to find some on eBay but haven't had much luck... anyone know a good seller on eBay who I could contact (sometimes they don't always advertise all their stock on eBay).

Or... can anyone put me in touch with a good supplier in the UK who I might be able to call and possibly get a steering wheel replacement sent over to Australia?

Any weblinks or contacts would be greatly appreciated.

Cheers,
Mike

1 - 5 of 5 Posts