Alfa Romeo Forum banner

1 - 13 of 13 Posts

·
Registered
57 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Good day all I fitted a new maf because with maf unplugged the car flies with no lag putted new maf still same problem no power I then heard to fix my vnt and with new pipes I did and still If I plug the maf back ther is no power not even turbo is spooling up.plugged maf out the car flies from local revs till red line.help pleas.

·
Registered
57 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
I putted new air filter when I installed the new maf sencor.can't understand with maf plugged out the power is awosme even the vnt lag I hade is gone but with new maf plugged in ther is no power even the turbo does not kick in even if revs is in red.

·
Registered
938 Posts
cam belt can be out by a tooth (happened on my fiat 8v diesel) or u have a air leak and my battery did not fully charge, so some sensors did not work i did a ecu reset after i replaced the battery and replaced all the boost and air pipes all had small cracks could not c them with naked eye but under boost it would leak air confusing the maf sensor (on the GT 16v diesel)

·
Registered
57 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
Oky thanx for the replay but battery is not even 2years old and all boost an vacuum pipes is new.and my understanding if cam belt is out by one tooth the car would idle bit rough because timing is out.can it be that the ecu must still learn the new maf because I drove with maf unplugged for longer then 5weeks can the ecu be confused with the new maf.ore must a ecu reset be done.

·
Registered
57 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
Also want to ask the breather is it possible that air can leak out of it on the maf side and would it make so much trouble.mine is wet under and it looks like it doesn't have any strap on to keep it in place?

·
Registered
3,103 Posts
Also want to ask the breather is it possible that air can leak out of it on the maf side and would it make so much trouble.mine is wet under and it looks like it doesn't have any strap on to keep it in place?
That's on the suction side of the turbo, so any air leaks will be sucking in not blowing out...

But, if there's a split in the hoses after the MAF then you'll be drawing in un-metered air - hence ECU thinks you've got less air than you're actually getting. Check for splits in the rubber hose between the MAF and the turbo, and the general condition of the breather hoses.. Leaks here will give you poor power performance.

·
Registered
57 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
Awosme I think I found the problem the maf to turbo the breather does not have a clip over the pipe to seal it.hope that is the problem.

·
Registered
57 Posts
Discussion Starter #11
Guys I solved the problem car is super fast now and you guys will not believe Wat it was hahaha my red alfa is back.

·
Registered
57 Posts
Discussion Starter #13
I blanked my egr and wow everything is better no lag speed picks up fast even the small rattle I had in 4gear is gone.so I think if maf is unplugged the egr goes to by pass.

1 - 13 of 13 Posts