Alfa Romeo Forum banner

1 - 20 of 38 Posts
K

·
0 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Why is it that the desktop that i'm now at, which is ancient, with an ancient processor and 1gb of memory works a treat with XP installed yet there is a laptop in the living room with 2gb of memory, a dual core processor and ****ing vista taking half a bloody hour to copy an episode of 24 of a memory stick.

I think the time has come to go back to XP as it is doing my head in.

P

·
0 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
Windows should be banned. It is an abomination to civiiised society.

·
Registered
37,214 Posts
I agree. We have a brand new laptop that came with Vista, and it is ponderous and slow, and always seems to be installing updates.

My 3 year old Dell desktop with XP is faster despite having a slower processor and less memory.

How would I go about getting XP on the laptop instead of Vista?

·
0 Posts
Discussion Starter #11
Don't get me started on Vista :mad: :rant: :mad:

My latest 'puter is now dual boot to overcome all the probs that 'V' presented :tut: - if flecking Windows 7 is the answer, a lot of us are due a free copy of it!!

P

·
0 Posts
Discussion Starter #12
Windows 7 - you mean the Windows that looks like OSX?

·
Registered
11,827 Posts
Why is it that the desktop that i'm now at, which is ancient, with an ancient processor and 1gb of memory works a treat with XP installed yet there is a laptop in the living room with 2gb of memory, a dual core processor and ****ing vista taking half a bloody hour to copy an episode of 24 of a memory stick.

I think the time has come to go back to XP as it is doing my head in.
Keithyboy, I would recommend installing Windows 7 on the laptop. It makes MUCH better use of dual-core processors than Vista ever did, as well as running like greased lightning on anything with more than 1Gb of RAM. :thumbs:

As an extreme example, I recently installed Windows 7 on my mother-in-law's ancient Toshiba laptop (Intel Celeron M, 512Mb RAM), mainly for a laugh and to see what would happen when I needed to replace her machine's knackered hard drive. :D

I was so impressed with its performance and stability (even over and above Windows XP SP3), I left Windows 7 on her laptop when I gave it back to her. She's over the moon!

For my part, I run Windows 7 Ultimate on my work laptop, which is a very fancy Dell Latitude E4300 with the top spec. Intel dual-core processor and 4Gb RAM. It was always quick with Vista, now it's an absolute flying machine. :cool:

·
Registered
11,827 Posts
Vista is the worst OS Microsoft made since win 98 (first edition)
I disagree. :tut: Windows Vista is the worst OS since Windows ME. :rolleyes:

·
Registered
11,827 Posts
I didn't even think of that one, forgot about it as it was so crap :lol:
Crap indeed, sir. :thumbs:

Vista was the bast**d child of ME. :lol:

1 - 20 of 38 Posts