Alfa Romeo Forum banner

1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
63 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hey guys,

visiting Bologna next month and hoping to visit some of the factories, don't think I'll be able to make it to the Alfa factory. Thinking of visiting maybe two different places, anymore and I think the girlfriend'll kill me!

Anybody visited the Ferrari museum, Lambo museum and factory, Pagani, Maserati or Ducati? Not sure which to go for but the Lambo set up sounds cool.

Any suggestions welcome!

·
Registered
63 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Didn't know that, thanks you may have just saved me a day of my holiday and a bollicking from the girlfriend!

·
Registered
864 Posts
The Ducati factory is superb and really well worth making the effort.

You have to pre-book, I think you can do this via the tourist information centre in the main piazza. You need to take a bus to get there (EDIT: to the factory that is), just a normal bus on a normal bus route, they'll be able to tell you what number and where it stops to get on and off.

I think there are two factory tours per day, but don't turn up late! They don't like that. :tut:

It really was a fantastic visit and I'd recommend it to anyone; even those with only a passing interest in bikes.

As an added bonus there were loads of newish Alfas parked outside, must have been company cars for the management.

Oh, and Bologna itself is a really beautiful city, especially once you get away from the station area and into the old town.

·
Registered
281 Posts
Hi M8,I've been to Italy zilions of times,yes Alfa museum is closed till end of year,Ferrari museum worth a look (also visit ''Fomula 1'' model shop,on the extreme left,facing Ferrari museum,models will blow you away)Lamborghini museum is Brilliant but closed on mondays and phone first.Maserati museum not open yet,there are private collections but you'll need to phone in advance.Google Car museums in Northern Italy and you'll et addresses and numbers.Enjoy

·
Registered
6,081 Posts
Hitting northern Italy next month, then up the Stelvio to Germany, AndreasM has mentioned many sights to see and things to do, I suggest you check his posts, if you see a hairy man and his blond wife in or around France, Italy, Switzerland or Germany in a black 08 Spider with AlfaOwner stickers in then say hello, chances are it will be me.:)

·
Registered
63 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
Thanks,

at the moment the plan looks like spending a day between the Lambo factory tour, museum then on to the Pagani factory for a look around and then off to Modena for a romantic evening to make up for the boredom my girlfriend is going to have to suffer! Any other suggestions gladly accepted! :thumbs:

·
Registered
3,130 Posts
definitely recommend Ferrari Museum, i went there a few years ago for my 30th ... there's a nice cafe in the town square or Maranello. Also the roads out of Maranello away from Modena (to the south and west) are great for a drive.

Oh and if the traffic allows it pull over if you get a chance and have a peak through the Fence at Fiorano

1 - 10 of 10 Posts