Alfa Romeo Forum banner

1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
7 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
1.9 JTDM in an 06 GT with 72k. Blanked off the EGR valve last week using a plate with a hole, also running a DTE tuning box (if that matters?). Immediately the mod perked up the car and put a smile on my face etc. however i have noticed exhaust gasses leaking from under the bonnet. Popped the lid and it is all coming from the top end of the engine, around the EGR area (apologies for this vague non engineers description).
Has anyone else had similar? any ideas?

·
Registered
1,591 Posts
1.9 JTDM in an 06 GT with 72k. Blanked off the EGR valve last week using a plate with a hole, also running a DTE tuning box (if that matters?). Immediately the mod perked up the car and put a smile on my face etc. however i have noticed exhaust gasses leaking from under the bonnet. Popped the lid and it is all coming from the top end of the engine, around the EGR area (apologies for this vague non engineers description).
Has anyone else had similar? any ideas?
I suspect the gaskets haven't been put back in after you blanked the egr. Either that or you don't have a gasket on both sides of the blank?

·
Registered
1,591 Posts
I suspect the gaskets haven't been put back in after you blanked the egr. Either that or you don't have a gasket on both sides of the blank?
Thinking on this also there is a breather pipe that comes off that area and passes round the back of the egr, make sure that is still connected well at both ends as it might have been dislodged or damaged.

1 - 3 of 3 Posts