Alfa Romeo Forum banner

1 - 14 of 14 Posts

·
Registered
179 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Bits a stalk assembly from a 159, Brera or spider with the auto light switch rain sensor will work with the standard set up second hand £60
One second hand 159 chromatic rear view mirror with dusk sensor and rain sensor £90
simple swap the existing rear view mirror and plug it in wires are there waiting, bonus here is the auto dipping on the rear view mirror ( don't worry about the lose yellow lead I think its for an oxygenic sensor

steering wheel is a bit tricky but I done it without too much bother

you have to use multiscan to turn on the dust sensor and auto lights on and proxy realignment but within less than 90mins it was done.

Why? well because I could lol and I couldn't watch anymore about the election fall out

·
Registered
3,128 Posts
I have fitted just the auto dip mirror to my Brera, 40 quid on ebay.from a 159, I Just pluged it in and it works fine, I always found the auto lights and wipers a bit tempremental in my 159.

·
Registered
82 Posts
Brera Auto wipe/Auto lights

2010 Brera 2.4 auto.
Under the impression that the car wiring was built to order specification and you couldn't plug and play. Would like to install auto lights and wipe. Can this be done using stalk parts from other cars?

·
Registered
3,128 Posts
I expect that the wiring looms are all the same, the wiring was there for me to just plug in the auto dip mirror and there was a few other unued connections tucked away.
And the thread starter said they were all there for the light switches and sensors

·
Registered
179 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
2010 Brera 2.4 auto.
Under the impression that the car wiring was built to order specification and you couldn't plug and play. Would like to install auto lights and wipe. Can this be done using stalk parts from other cars?
Yes the wiring is there just like the blind that I fitted from an earlier Brera as my 2009 had a full internal roof lining WHY! has to be a question when it has a glass roof but with the auto lights you will need to tell the ECU that the auto switch is now installed and proxy align but apart from that its plug an play so as I said above the stalk assembly was from a 159 the mirror from a 159 but I also had a similar spider version the rain sensor is the easiest part just plug in the sensor and no further upgrade is needed even with the existing column stalk and no ECU re-alignment required - Magic

·
Registered
82 Posts
Yes the wiring is there just like the blind that I fitted from an earlier Brera as my 2009 had a full internal roof lining WHY! has to be a question when it has a glass roof but with the auto lights you will need to tell the ECU that the auto switch is now installed and proxy align but apart from that its plug an play so as I said above the stalk assembly was from a 159 the mirror from a 159 but I also had a similar spider version the rain sensor is the easiest part just plug in the sensor and no further upgrade is needed even with the existing column stalk and no ECU re-alignment required - Magic
Any chance of a couple of pictures please?

·
Registered
179 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
Hmmm I should of thought of that when I was doing the Mod but at that point I didn't or wasn't sure it would all work so sorry no only to say that all the items were straight swaps and the wiring is there to just plug and play then do a realignment

·
Registered
82 Posts
Hmmm I should of thought of that when I was doing the Mod but at that point I didn't or wasn't sure it would all work so sorry no only to say that all the items were straight swaps and the wiring is there to just plug and play then do a realignment
Aswell as changing lighting stalk with auto position, I guess you have to fit wiper stalk from 159 with auto position also. The 159 chromatic rear mirror with square sensor on the side is that the one? So this will fit in the windscreen upper shaded area on the Brera, is that right?

·
Registered
82 Posts
i've managed to obtain chromatic interior mirror with dusk sensor and fitted it ok .One white connection already in wiring loom. Mirror also has a black connection with 3 wires. Nothing to connect to on the car side.
Received a stalk for auto lights of a 159. Stripped the steering wheel and every else down in order to remove stalk assembly only to find that the stalk that was sent to me does not have rear windscreen wash/wipe selection. Supposed to be of station wagon. So have reassembled original stalk. Will research further. Did your auto stalk have rear wash/wipe selection?
Another problem maybe you could help with please. When i had stripped the stalk down and ready to come of steering shaft, it would not come of. The steel clamp was removed but some thing was locking it on to shaft. Couldnt see anything with torch and mirror. Any ideas please.

·
Registered
82 Posts
Bits a stalk assembly from a 159, Brera or spider with the auto light switch rain sensor will work with the standard set up second hand £60
One second hand 159 chromatic rear view mirror with dusk sensor and rain sensor £90
simple swap the existing rear view mirror and plug it in wires are there waiting, bonus here is the auto dipping on the rear view mirror ( don't worry about the lose yellow lead I think its for an oxygenic sensor

steering wheel is a bit tricky but I done it without too much bother

you have to use multiscan to turn on the dust sensor and auto lights on and proxy realignment but within less than 90mins it was done.

Why? well because I could lol and I couldn't watch anymore about the election fall out
2 receptacles to connect. Is that right. 1 large white and one small with 3 colored wires?

·
Registered
179 Posts
Discussion Starter #11
2 receptacles to connect. Is that right. 1 large white and one small with 3 colored wires?
Yep correct I think the Mirror has four leads but don't worry about that the other connector goes into the rain sensor

·
Registered
82 Posts
The problem I have is the lead i have found in the roof has 2 wires,black, white. small connector. The one from rain sensor in mirror is 3 wires, Black, white and blue with small black connector. Both connectors are different and will not join. Eg, plug and play. The large white connector for power connects ok in roof and mirror and joined ok.

·
Registered
108 Posts
Anyone removed the mounting on the windscreen and placed it higher for the chromatic mirror? What glue do you use? Seen a kit in halfords but there's mixed reviews about it

1 - 14 of 14 Posts