Alfa Romeo Forum banner

1 - 20 of 51 Posts

·
Registered
Saab 240DL Veloce
19,272 Posts
that's brought a smile to my face; it's one of those cars that you just know will be a scream to drive :thumbs:

G

·
I hope they tightened up the suspension from the basic model.............passengers could lean out of the window and file their nails on the tarmac when going around right hand turns in the standard models :lol:

Looks pretty fine in GTi spec though :)

·
Registered
5,064 Posts
Interesting, but £3K, 123K miles.... I think I could find better use for that money.

Certainly rare. Can't remember the last time I saw a standard one, never mind a GTi version.

·
Registered
Saab 240DL Veloce
19,272 Posts
Interesting, but £3K, 123K miles.... I think I could find better use for that money.

Certainly rare. Can't remember the last time I saw a standard one, never mind a GTi version.
reason for not doing it, and the reason for doing it, wrapped up in one :thumbs: :)

·
Registered
39,320 Posts
I am sure it would drive well, but it wouldn't be for me. It looks like a Lada.

·
Registered
12,405 Posts
I agree with wynne71 and Scudetto.

Interesting and rare but £3,000?

I guess it depends how much potential buyers value rarity and want it. Perhaps I passed my threshold for flowery padding in car adverts sometime in 2010?

I'm impressed at the mileage, I think my Uno Turbo had less on it when it got recycled. It had a squeaky tensioner (Fiat dealer that diagnosed it didn't have one in stock) much welding around the rear struts and fuel filler neck and after that seemed to fill the car with fumes when the fuel tank was filled, so hats off to the little Citroen on racking up that distance. Plus the handbrake cable snapped, but the limited ditance down hill into a fence panel meant it assumed a jaunty angle rather than being flattened with an Uno sat on top of it.

Didn't early Visas have satellite pod controls like MK1 Unos and other proper Citroen weirdness?

Miles, red, sunroof, wantness says the price to me starts with a one not a three.

I think the facelift gives this age of Visa the hint of Lada that Symon mentions.

I guess you'd have to value it by comparing it with the 205 GTis available for that amount? I'm thinking you could get a Pug 205GTi and an interesting BX or Xantia for £3K.

·
Registered
1,854 Posts
I guess you'd have to value it by comparing it with the 205 GTis available for that amount? I'm thinking you could get a Pug 205GTi and an interesting BX or Xantia for £3K.
I was just thinkign the same

·
Registered
12,405 Posts
For that sort of money I'm leaning more towards the same vendors W124 Coupe even though the lack of light in the photos is making it difficult to see. No mention of the self consuming looms in those later W124s in the advert though.

On the plus side for the little Citroen it doesn't have PAS does it?

If I saw that at a petrol pump I'd have to wander over and do a quick circuit of the car and engage the owner in car talk about their Visa, but it's not making me want to wonder where my cheque book is.

On the plus side at least reaching that mileage it's been used rather than festering in a garage or garden? I just know what my Uno was like at 14 years old and what my Toyota, that the MoT tester reckons will reach 20 in 2013 is like.

Perhaps overdosing on the cynicism here, but having read the advert I am wondering why those in the Citroen community haven't snapped it up.

·
Registered
24,536 Posts
Really interesting little car and a big :D factor but not that kind of money for me either. No doubt a real Visa fan will be happy with the price if it's solid.

·
Registered
12,405 Posts
That CX Croisette has been for sale for months...

PistonHeads Headlines - SOTW: Citroen CX Croisette

It was for sale for a while before it was the SOTW

I had a BX GT (CAR's Top Ten said had the suspension settings of the TRS and the BX GTi was on the firm side) checked out by the RAC years ago. Not big faults just lots of little ones. The trader called me up as soon as I got in from work and was quite unpleasant given that I'd taken a call from the RAC at work that afternoon and paid for the inspection. I guess taking some time to think about it was out of the question?

Another used trader had a dark green metallic, late BX GTi for sale for ages (like 2 years) and I should have perhaps thought out of the box and wondered how much he'd taken for it.

1 - 20 of 51 Posts