Alfa Romeo Forum banner

21 - 40 of 49 Posts

·
Registered
86 Posts
Discussion Starter #21
I wouldn't panic, swirl flap getting into cylinder happens with plastic manifolds but still is quite rare - there were a few cases mentioned on polish Alfa forum over years, and so there is generic advice there to sort that out. Though, since you said you cleaned swirl flaps, you probably very highly minimized probability of such problem at lest for another 50kkm or something, even if you didn't blank EGR. If you want to leave swirl flaps and do a lot of km option worth to consider is to blank EGR - at least in Poland you can buy ready blanking piece/pad (not sure how to call that), if not where you live you can do such yourself from metal sheet (thin stainless steel I guess). If you blank it physically, somebody who is capable of doing ECU reprogramming must disable EGR from ECU (not sure how much is that where you live, in Poland I payed like EUR25 extra on top of ECU tunning/mod I did in the same time), otherwise immediately check-engine light will pop up. If you blank EGR then you at least stop the dirt back collecting inside intake manifold, so swirl flaps should be happy.

Removing EGR disadvantage is that engine warms up bit longer, but advantage is that EGR won't ever be an issue (again blocking itself earlier or later).

Alternative is to leave EGR, but remove swirl flaps or change to alu manifold with these removed and holes welded. E.g. the same engine in Fiat Stilo (140BHP) does not have swirl flaps, probably similar case with 156 and other FCA cars manufactured just before 159, not sure though if intake is compatible, or if you need to consider only updated of one from 159.

thank you very much for your detailed response. i am planning to blank egr and ecu programming . meanwhile, if all swirflaps are their hole-finger crossing- :) , have cleaned them to service.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

·
Registered
948 Posts
thank you very much for your detailed response. i am planning to blank egr and ecu programming . meanwhile, if all swirflaps are their hole-finger crossing- :) , have cleaned them to service.

One more, you said you changed all liquids, including gearbox oil? Have you added recommended 0.5L extra to keep M32 lubrication really working? (alternatively even better to add some oil additive (I used Archoil AR9100 200ml) and 300ml of extra oil)

·
Registered
86 Posts
Discussion Starter #23
One more, you said you changed all liquids, including gearbox oil? Have you added recommended 0.5L extra to keep M32 lubrication really working? (alternatively even better to add some oil additive (I used Archoil AR9100 200ml) and 300ml of extra oil)

yes , it was one of the first crucial information that i learned via ao.
i had a terrible noise from gearbox , after adding extra gearbox oil it has been in a perfect silence since 14k kms :)

·
Registered
86 Posts
Discussion Starter #24
today i checked egr valve,it was horrible. also there were some dirty staff such as tar in inlet manifold, but take out the inlet manifold is very hard job so i couldn't do anything to it.
i swapped the parking bulbs with white ones.

·
Registered
86 Posts
Discussion Starter #25

hi fellow, one more question; if a s. flaps has a problem, is there ant fault code when connect the ecu with ecu/scan?

·
Registered
948 Posts
hi fellow, one more question; if a s. flaps has a problem, is there ant fault code when connect the ecu with ecu/scan?

As far as I know ECU will get error only in case the electric engine which controls "master" swirl flap on cylinder 3 gets faulty or blocked (because there is detection of position built in there (at least this was the case with alu manifolds)). Any other option for error is when it is already too late, when swirl flap get into cylinder, damaged someting enough so some sensors/ECU treat engine behaviour as faulty.

·
Registered
86 Posts
Discussion Starter #27
As far as I know ECU will get error only in case the electric engine which controls "master" swirl flap on cylinder 3 gets faulty or blocked (because there is detection of position built in there (at least this was the case with alu manifolds)). Any other option for error is when it is already too late, when swirl flap get into cylinder, damaged someting enough so some sensors/ECU treat engine behaviour as faulty.

when the car connected ecu, there was an error code , now i couldn't remember the code ,maybe p2001 maybe it is not. the service man was too fast for deleting language of the programme was turkish and it is too hard to understand the mean of code because of terrible translate. i think it was about inlet manifold or egr valve.

·
Registered
86 Posts
Discussion Starter #28
hello again dudes. I completed mission on black 159 and after a lot of renovation i sold it two weeks ago. I did that just because a new 159 project. My new 159 coming for your presence ;

This one is 2010 model 1.9 jtdm 16v 150hp. Previous owner used it very rarely and i think i found a real treasure. It just driven 35k kms as well as used very meticulously. My white darling includes alpine dvdplayer, qtronic transmission, automatical seats. Now, the aim the project has started and i bought some gifts to alfa such as sportiva qv sticker, shark antenna, ti steering wheel, aluminium pedal set, new style logos.
In the near feature i am going to buy 19 ti rims or prodrive rims, ti sideskirts.

·
Registered
948 Posts

rather no DCT for such

·
Registered
948 Posts
Çok guzel haraketler bunlar... Burdan da takip ediyorum abi. Ma?allah :)
English please. I guess nobody would mind if you use your native language, as long as underneath there would be also translation to english.

·
Registered
86 Posts
Discussion Starter #34
today, i bought an original bootliner for 159 and the service had said it was the last product around the europe :)

next step will be a ti sideskirts. for a while i gonna drive the car with 17' rims and then planning to buy 19 ' ti rims or 18' 8c rims .

·
Registered
7,367 Posts
Desperately in need of the 19'' 10-spokes.

·
Registered
7,367 Posts
absolutely right ? i'm planning to buy 18 8c rims or 19 ti rims for next summer .

The 8C wore 20'' rims. Do you mean Giulietta 18'' 5-holes?
19'' 10-spokes in silver look the best on a 159 IMHO.

21 - 40 of 49 Posts