Alfa Romeo Forum banner

1 - 13 of 13 Posts

·
Registered
37,774 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
For a Xmas present I bought the Mrs a sony Ericsson smart phone on the Virgin Mobile pay as you go tariff.

We have had nothing but trouble with it. Not only is it very expensive to use, most of the time you cannot get a signal or use the internet.

Also she was supposed to get unlimited data downloads for 6 months according to the advert when I bought it, and when you top up with £10 per month you are meant to get a number of free texts.

Not only do we get charged for texts, we also get charged for data downloads.

We have tried calling them, and we just spend ages on the phone without getting anywhere, and after sending them emails we have had no replies.

It is getting to the stage we would like our money back as not only is the package not as described the phone is useless to us.

The question is, how do we go about taking matters further if we cannot contact them?

Sorry Tesco mobile, you were not so bad after all. :cry:

K

·
0 Posts
Virgin mobile is great as long as it all works but getting in touch with them can be a bit like hard work.

All you can do is persevere on the phone or send them an email flagged up COMPLAINT in big letters.

I usually get there in the end with them.

·
Registered
37,774 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
I hope I get somewhere Keithyboy, the phone wasn't cheap (£170) and it is pretty much useless for what we want.

Maybe a credit card chargeback would be an option?

·
Registered
13,685 Posts
Sorry you are having difficulty. I have been with them for well over 12 years and they have been superb. My daughter is with them too.

I must admit until recent I have not used the 789 help other than to check how much of my allowance I have left but my daughter's phone is on my account (nowt new) and the monthly tariff like mine is only about £16. Virgin sent her a text saying she was near her limit (They have it capped at £50). I phoned and they confirmed and allowed me to lift it higher temporarily as she is trying to find UNI digs for next year.

Conversely we have *****one for our business phones. One of the employees bill was £3k for the month. Some fault with the rather sheite H** phone and an 'update'. *****one are being proper aresholes about it all. :mad:

·
Registered
237 Posts
Hello Symon, I had a virgin mobile contract for 18 months and to be honest it was hard woirk, the call centre is all but useless and the signal not that great, after much deliberation I went back to 3 who although they have their faults have some of the best deals around, would I ever go back to Virgin ? not a chance.

·
Registered
37,774 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
Cheers Ray,

I did send them another email, but like the first it appears to have been ignored.

It costs a fortune to ring them as well.

I don't really want to give up on the phone, due to its cost, maybe getting it unlocked so that it can take a Tesco SIM would be an option?

Welcome back Ray by the way. :cool:

·
Registered
237 Posts
Cheers Ray,

I did send them another email, but like the first it appears to have been ignored.

It costs a fortune to ring them as well.

I don't really want to give up on the phone, due to its cost, maybe getting it unlocked so that it can take a Tesco SIM would be an option?

Welcome back Ray by the way. :cool:
If its a Virgin phone it may already be unlocked mate, chck that out as the HTC I had from them was unlocked ( cheers its good to be back ) :thumbs:

·
Registered
37,774 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
It is locked alright.

Tried to get an unlock code for it, but they are not available yet unfortunately, as it is a new model.

What a waste of money, I should have bought her something else for Xmas. :(

·
Registered
594 Posts
It is locked alright.

Tried to get an unlock code for it, but they are not available yet unfortunately, as it is a new model.

What a waste of money, I should have bought her something else for Xmas. :(
What is the model of your phone?

I'm on contract with them (yes their customer services is rubbish), and I rang them about getting my Sony Ericsson Xperia Arc unlocked, they said they could do it but there was a (approx) £15 charge for it.

·
Registered
37,774 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
It is a Sony Ericsson Live with Walkman.

£15 isn't too bad I suppose, certainly better than condemming the phone until codes are available.

·
Registered
13,685 Posts
£15 is not too bad. My last phone was £20, a Smartphone with Windoze CE I bought off the company for £18!

·
Registered
37,774 Posts
Discussion Starter #13
I tried getting it unlocked online but it couldn't be done. Instead we just paid Virgin £15 to unlock it.

The phone was £10 cheaper than a Tesco one for exactly the same model anyway...

After we had done that they sent through all of the missing minutes, and data allowance that she should have had in the first place. :rolleyes:

1 - 13 of 13 Posts