Alfa Romeo Forum banner

1 - 15 of 15 Posts

·
Registered
624 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I have been with Virgin Media since i bought my first PC in 1998, dial up was oh so simple.

I have spent the last 6 hours trying to sort out my free anti virus security provided by Virgin Media. Their on line assistant took control of my PC for 3 hours and by 6pm decided they had enough, no goodbye or sorry cant fix the problem, they just logged off.

I have now managed to download the programme but it keeps asking me to verify my account, the virgin icon displayed shows protection switched off, windows security centre tells me everything is switched on.

Virgin Media have been no help to-day, and their self service programme has proved next to F*******g useless, i am away to cut my ***** aff and throw it away in pure frustration.

And my reverse parking sensors have packed up too, and the drivers side window on the wifes 159 will not go up or down Merry F****** Christmas

K

·
0 Posts
Thier anti-virus protection is, in my view, utter shite. I've tried it twice and all it has managed is to make my PC run like a dog.

If you want free AV protection, give Avast a go.

·
Banned
57,288 Posts
Or pay for Trend Micro Titanium, I've been running it for years well worth the 15 or so £££'s to protect 3 pc's :thumbs:

·
Registered
624 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
Hi Chaps

I have used Avast in the past and always found it to be reliable and easy to use, the £15 or so £££ also sounds a good option, i may stick Avast on my daughters lap top and use the other one on the house main PC.

Many Thanks to you both

·
Registered
5,381 Posts
I stupidly asked Virgin Media a simple question back in September and have spent almost every single day since then making and receiving phone calls, sending many letters to all and sundry at Virgin Media all to no avail.
On the 19th October Virgin Media unilaterally decided to disconnect all of my services and are now threatening to take my to court all because they do not know the answer to my original simple question.
Virgin Media are a complete nightmare, their communication skills are nonexistance, they couldn't run a bath! IMO

·
Banned
112 Posts
I couldn't get it to work on my laptop either, so I scrapped it and use an alternative . Don't waste your time on it, it is truly pants.

·
Registered
12,881 Posts
I stupidly asked Virgin Media a simple question back in September and have spent almost every single day since then making and receiving phone calls, sending many letters to all and sundry at Virgin Media all to no avail.
On the 19th October Virgin Media unilaterally decided to disconnect all of my services and are now threatening to take my to court all because they do not know the answer to my original simple question.
Virgin Media are a complete nightmare, their communication skills are nonexistance, they couldn't run a bath! IMO

Now that sounds far more interesting ... go on spill the beans, what was the question???

·
Registered
5,381 Posts
Having been with Birmingham Cable/Telewest/Virgin Media since Oct 1995 when in September I encountered problems, so I asked them...

Dear Virgin Media, Why Oh Why is my connection so very slow and have I actually got the equipment/service that I'm being charged/paying for?

They call an old Telewest box a 'Virgin+Box', and I had an old 10Mb modem but was being charged for 'upto' 20Mb!

Simple questions that they could not answer so they unilaterally terminated my contract and then charged me for the privilage!

I am no longer a Virgin:p

V

·
0 Posts
A Virgin+ Box has a built-in hard drive recorder, your old Telewest box didn't, did it? Do you mean they were charging you for a V+ Box when you just had a standard digibox?

·
Registered
9,490 Posts
Been with C+W/NTL/Virgin for many years now.......generally service has been good - tho the online "help" service is pretty rubbish - tends to take you round in circles.......

Good rant, though!

·
Registered
63 Posts
trust me - its not just the internet/tv stuff Virgin are pants at.

they are my only realistic carrier when i'm on Tobago - should see the mess they can make of running an airline.

had a few dealings as a subcontractor with their package holiday company down on Tobago. a lot of (what some may describe as) sharp practice going on there.

my experience of all their services is that they can provide reasonably well until something goes wrong and then theyre just useless. never seems to be their fault either - always seem to be able to spin it so that the customer has failed rather than them.

paul

·
Registered
5,381 Posts
I would suggest to anybody using Virgin Media for any services whatsoever that they very carefully check their bill for exactly what they are being charged for against what equipment and services they actually have.

I didn't realise that I was being charged for things that I just did not have or could not receive and when I stupidly asked questions all Virgin hell was let loose on me to the point that I was totally disconnected but they still kept billing me!

They make all sorts of promises on the phone but will not put anything in writing other than to demand money or threaten to take action against you.

You have been warned.

·
Registered
624 Posts
Discussion Starter #15
Job done, Virgin Media Security Services now removed form the PC and Microsoft uploaded.

I called Virgin Media a few months ago and told them that i was leaving, on checking my package the girl said "You are paying rather a lot" doh!

Within minutes i had more than halved my cost and was sent a new router.

1 - 15 of 15 Posts