Alfa Romeo Forum banner

1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Registered
6,454 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I don't have Virgin Media, but I'm seeing / hearing a lot of folk having issues:

Virgin Media are experiencing heavy congestion at the London Internet Exchange (LINX) where we peer with them. Unfortunately, this causes high latency and affects nearly every ISP in the UK (and Europe) that exchanges data with Virgin Media directly. The issue is particularly prevalent between 18:00 - 22:00 Monday to Friday and from 12:00 onwards at the weekend.

We have notified Virgin Media's peering department and hopefully this can be resolved in a timely manner.

Note: This only affects customers who use Virgin Media as their home broadband provider. We would encourage anyone using Virgin Media to submit a support ticket to them in order to apply pressure to get this resolved.

Just FYI :)

Snokes

M

·
0 Posts
Maybe they (Virgin) should put more effort into their tech department rather than spending their time bombarding me with continuos invitational mail trying to get me to switch from SKY :levil:

·
Banned
112 Posts
Yeah, not working at all when I got home tonight for about an hour :mad:

Always slows down evenings as well; I wouldn't mind but they always deny it.

·
Registered
12,881 Posts
I read that Virgin were going to increase connection speeds for all their subscribers, believe it when I see it :rolleyes:
Well they sent me an email this week saying they're going to increase mine to 120meg ... then another one an hour later apologising for the email saying that it wasn't true :lol:

·
Registered
3,537 Posts
Maybe their connection speed increase is from an average <1Mb to an average of 1Mb by just being up 1 day longer a year? :D

They do practice traffic controls at busy times (I think it's somewhere in the t&c)

They'd also have a better chance of winning customers if their "winning deal" actually was a winning deal... Considering I pay c£14 for phone line rental and broadband combined and even when I pay for any calls they're a lot cheaper, they've pretty much no chance at the moment!

·
Registered
28,482 Posts
Well they sent me an email this week saying they're going to increase mine to 120meg ... then another one an hour later apologising for the email saying that it wasn't true :lol:
Yes, I had those E-Mails as well.......:)

Thought the original offer was to good to be true.......and it WAS !!!!.......:lol:

·
Registered
5,381 Posts
Have spent from mid September trying to get answers from Virgin Media without success, resorted to legal action and now awaiting a cheque for overcharged payments, I am no longer a customer!

·
Registered
12,881 Posts
Maybe their connection speed increase is from an average <1Mb to an average of 1Mb by just being up 1 day longer a year? :D

They do practice traffic controls at busy times (I think it's somewhere in the t&c)
They throttle peer to peer data during peak times which I think is perfectly reasonable.

M

·
0 Posts
.....more carp in brown envelopes from Virgin greeted me as I arrived home this evening...:rolleyes: :tut: :levil:

1 - 11 of 11 Posts