Alfa Romeo Forum banner

1 - 15 of 15 Posts

·
Registered
63 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hey lads,

need a little help and inspiration!

A friend of mine is getting married in May and instead of giving him cash in an envelope I was hoping to arrange the wedding car for them.

They would love a wedding car that they could drive away themselves. I've had a look and found a company in limerick and Dublin doing self drive classics.

Just wondering if anyone here has any other suggestions or if there are AOers renting their pride and joys!

If anyone is interested in a swap for a weekend - my Brera S could be an option :cry:

Cheers for your help,
Vin
:thumbs:

·
Administrator
87,326 Posts
Hope you manage to find something suitable :cool: :thumbs:

I don't suppose you are looking for a 147 to trade for the S, well I had to ask :D

·
Registered
63 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Cheers Dave!

don't think your 147 is a vintage just yet :D

Gladly offer a spin if we ever get the chance to meet up though!

·
Registered
6,738 Posts
Would love to do something similar myself as I'm getting married in 2 months but the cost really didn't justify it for us! 6 or 7 hundred and we will only be using the car for about 20 mins and it was for a fairly normal car.

·
Registered
1,273 Posts
Would love to do something similar myself as I'm getting married in 2 months but the cost really didn't justify it for us! 6 or 7 hundred and we will only be using the car for about 20 mins and it was for a fairly normal car.
Ask Gerry in ti can you hire his?

·
Registered
63 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
Gav - some of the hire companies are charging massive amounts of cash for pretty normal cars. In saying that, my friends that are getting married just want something old and quirky so its a back up for me!

Scortho - asking Gerry would be a very good idea!

·
Registered
5,950 Posts
Gav it would be a lot cheaper than that.
I look after most of the car suppliers on our website and would have a decent idea as to what the costs are....

·
Registered
2,133 Posts
Getting married also in couple of months and was thinking along same lines Gav, nice to have a nice old car but literally to have it for 20 mins before and after it isnt worth the hassle or the cash...but still keeping an eye out.

·
Registered
1,273 Posts
Getting married also in couple of months and was thinking along same lines Gav, nice to have a nice old car but literally to have it for 20 mins before and after it isnt worth the hassle or the cash...but still keeping an eye out.
Surely there's someone on one of the owners clubs with something old and mint that would take 100 or 200 for a few hours work?

·
Registered
5,950 Posts
Thin ice Shane due to the law on hire for reward....

·
Registered
1,273 Posts
Thin ice Shane due to the law on hire for reward....
Ah sneaky brown envelope a few weeks later.....sure this country is used to it.
And if he were to get pulled in the course of the wedding, it's not that difficult to turn around and say I'm doing it as a favour for a friend.

·
Registered
5,950 Posts
You mean lie?:eek::tut: :p

·
Registered
63 Posts
Discussion Starter #14
Cheers for the suggestions guys - the groom ended up getting himself sorted with a little red MGB roadster for the weekend.

Himself and the misses area chuffed with it. Just have to go and figure out another wedding present for them now :cry:

·
Registered
3 Posts
I'm in a similar situation... looking to rent an old GT Junior or GTV 2000 for my own wedding... would be a big thing for me on the day.... I hope to own one some day.

I drive a 320d M sport and would have no problem swapping as collateral. I had hoped to buy a Brera but I hadn't the wedge for it......

I would 'sort' anyone out if they were able to help us

thanks in advance!

barry

1 - 15 of 15 Posts