Alfa Romeo Forum banner

1 - 20 of 23 Posts

·
Registered
107 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I'm interested in two 159s for sale in North East garages.

One is being sold by Vine Place Sports and Performance in Durham. The other by Northumbria Vechicle Company in Newcastle.

Does anyone have experience of either of these garages?

Cheers

Colin

·
Premium Member
77,410 Posts
aye - is it the same people then, do you think? I remember popping up to Chilton couple of times to look at dodgy Japanese machinery. :lol:

·
Registered
1,266 Posts
aye - is it the same people then, do you think? I remember popping up to Chilton couple of times to look at dodgy Japanese machinery. :lol:
Sounds like the same people. I remember looking at a very ropey integrale in there years ago but the paint job was awful. May not have been done by them mind but should really have been tidied up before being put up for sale.

Im sure they also had or may still have a place in Sunderland town centre.

Never had or know anyone who has had any dealings with them though.

·
Registered
327 Posts
I wouldn't touch Vine Place with a barge pole, when they were in Chilton everything was imported, other than part ex's people had put in, 3 month warranty, max.

Of course they could be different now.

G

·
0 Posts
I wouldn't touch Vine Place with a barge pole, when they were in Chilton everything was imported, other than part ex's people had put in, 3 month warranty, max.

Of course they could be different now.
You could start by asking them why they don't offer FULL 12 month with every car anymore:lol:

Since I revoked their MOT testing status... Can't go into too much detail for legal reasons but lets just say as a hypothetical scenario....

If a company sell 15 vehicles sold in one given Sunday with a full 12 month MOT for each vehicle on that particular date in a period of six hours of open business, yet no nominated tester actually on duty and on holiday... You know something is up... Do the math, I did;)

A certain company director also still had the cheek to re-apply for testing status 3 year later under a different company name and individual details despite a 15 year ban
How thick they think we are sometimes is beyond belief :lol: :rolleyes:

·
Registered
72 Posts
Vine place were at Stanley for a while. we bought our GTV from them, good car no bother with it at all.but it does worry me why they keep moving all the time!!
when i bought GTV,got discount as i said didnot want the warrenty. checked car my self.;)

·
Registered
2 Posts
Hey fellas

ive just joined this great site. loadsa great stuff on here and was looking forward to my new car............but reading this im a little concerned!

Ive just bought an Alpina B10 from these guys and was going to see them about a 156 JTd they have in stock for the Mrs.

Now I havent taken delivery of my beemer yet and reading this do you honestly think they might be that dodgey?

When did you revoke their licence? is it recent?

You could start by asking them why they don't offer FULL 12 month with every car anymore:lol:

Since I revoked their MOT testing status... Can't go into too much detail for legal reasons but lets just say as a hypothetical scenario....

If a company sell 15 vehicles sold in one given Sunday with a full 12 month MOT for each vehicle on that particular date in a period of six hours of open business, yet no nominated tester actually on duty and on holiday... You know something is up... Do the math, I did;)

A certain company director also still had the cheek to re-apply for testing status 3 year later under a different company name and individual details despite a 15 year ban

G

·
0 Posts
It was about 4 years ago now. Don't let that put you off though. Every company can make mistakes. 99% learn by them....
For your peace of mind.....
Just ask for the chassis number and make a note of the vehicle registration number....
Log on to the visa mot check website and compare the testing centre number and name... Post it in this thread and I will let you know if it was a reputable mot centre ok.
I can't check the service history etc. But give former owners and the most recent stamped company a call, they will have any details on record...
hth

·
Registered
72 Posts
As i said we bought an GTV from them,over a year ago.with years mot. it has had a new wishbone fitted for its test this year,but thats all it has cost us,apart from custom bits. just check the car thoroughly yourself or take someone who knows.
see they are at Belmont now.:confused:

·
Registered
2 Posts
Cool, I'll do that. I remember the owner of the garage "dave" i think his name was telling me they had recently moved there though? Can you remember where were they based when you chopped their balls off:lol: I can remember a few years back viewing a car at a place in Chilton which had loads of imports though it looked like a pucker set up:confused:

It was about 4 years ago now. Don't let that put you off though. Every company can make mistakes. 99% learn by them....
For your peace of mind.....
Just ask for the chassis number and make a note of the vehicle registration number....
Log on to the visa mot check website and compare the testing centre number and name... Post it in this thread and I will let you know if it was a reputable mot centre ok.
I can't check the service history etc. But give former owners and the most recent stamped company a call, they will have any details on record...
hth

·
Registered
107 Posts
Discussion Starter #15
I went ahead and bought a 159 from them (a 57 plate 2.4 jtdm Lusso) and have now owned the car for 6 weeks.
The price of £7k included MOT, oil service ,timing belt plus water pump and delivery to Scotland. All this was done as agreed.
So far I'm very happy with the car and have had no problems.

Colin

·
Registered
1,699 Posts
Bought mine from Vine Place. Had no issue with the garage themselves.

·
Registered
1 Posts
Liable

I have no issue with criticism if its warranted. However lies that are damaging to myself and my company will be met with legal action. I started the company and have NEVER had an MOT station, have never applied for a test station and therefore have certainly had an MOT licence revoked.
The only person here that is "thick beyond belief" is this Walter Mitty "Grahameo" AKA Graham Bell. This post is wholly untrue, damaging to the reputation of the company and also financially damaging as I now know that it directly cost the company the sale of two vehicles. I have the individuals address and he will be hearing from our legal representative with a view to a libel claim.

David Rowe - Managing Director - Vine Place

·
Registered
3,911 Posts
Yeah , and I don't think it's intended target will ever see it as he left the site about 2 years ago, so I doubt he's losing any sleep over it.

·
Registered
422 Posts
Wow. Regardless of blame, threatening people on a public forum with legal action is a bit tacky.

1 - 20 of 23 Posts