Alfa Romeo Forum banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
230 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Someone else posted a question on this a while ago, but no answers. Just noticed that a 2002 147 I got a couple of weeks ago has the VIN number stamped on all the windows. The car VIN number matches the number on the front & rear screens but all the side glass windows has a number starting ARC8066. I did a vehicle check before I bought it and it came up clean.....now I'm wondering? Do all 147's have the VIN number etched on the windows....should the number be the same all round?? There is evidence that the rear door was repaired at some point but the doors all look original and no messing around the hinges.

M

·
0 Posts
In Ireland we notice that with imports from the UK that all cars have the vin's etched on the windows...

·
Registered
384 Posts
as far as i know the windows are not etched from new, but the reason some cars have this is to try and stop(or should i say make it more difficult) people ringing the car ie. changing its identity illegally.

i dont know what your ARC number means.

·
Registered
230 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
Does anyone else with a 147 have VIN numbers etched on their windows? Are all the numbers the same??

·
Registered
7,115 Posts
all the same on the 147, however my daughters Bravo has front and back etched on and different ones on the side. We guessed that the windows had been tinted and were swapped back from a scrap yard, found some broken glass in it but all the side windows are changed. Still for £500 it was not a deal breaker.

1 - 5 of 5 Posts