Alfa Romeo Forum banner

1 - 9 of 9 Posts
D

·
0 Posts
Discussion Starter #2
Yeah I know it's pricey (well pricey) but really want a nice little clean runner , this one appears to tick all the boxes ....timing belt done at 60k.

Ford Fiesta : In Amazing Condition | Glasgow | Gumtree

Anything I should look for !

Seller wants the car to go to a good home (that impresses me) ....:rolleyes:
Reliable honest cars but give it a good check for corrosion. Make sure the rear arches havent been filled as they are notorious spots for corrosion.

·
Registered
38,265 Posts
Rust would be the first thing to look for.

Fiesta's and Ka's did seem to suffer from tin worm more than other Fords of the same era.

Other than that they have a fairly poor crash test rating. Might be worth thinking about if you are giving it to an inexperienced driver.

Also if it is a town car then engine may well have more wear than the mileage would otherwise suggest. The engine in it is also the old Endura E which was developed from the old "Kent/Valencia" crossflow. It might be worth for a laugh asking to see the receipt for the cambelt change, as it hasn't got one. ;)

Pretty agricultural old lump by modern standards...

I think for the money you could do better.

·
Registered
15,221 Posts
Rust as mentioned above. Solid little cars but that seems a lot of money for a 12 year old fiesta.

S

·
0 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
Walked away within 10 mins ....thanks for input guys , guy should be working for wonga.com , think the photo's on Gumtree were taken when car was purchased new .....frankly was a wee bit ******d off , 40 mile round trip to look at a car worth £500 on a sunny day ! ...rear wings totally gubbed :mad:

·
Registered
434 Posts
if you paid any where near that asking price id say you were mad.

thats a £300 car.

if it had to be a fiesta that price will buy a at least an 04 plate mk6 fiesta in great condition.

·
Registered
5,783 Posts
Walked away within 10 mins ....thanks for input guys , guy should be working for wonga.com , think the photo's on Gumtree were taken when car was purchased new .....frankly was a wee bit ******d off , 40 mile round trip to look at a car worth £500 on a sunny day ! ...rear wings totally gubbed :mad:
i can see why you went to look at it , it looked good on the photo,s

1 - 9 of 9 Posts