Alfa Romeo Forum banner

1 - 15 of 15 Posts

·
Registered
107 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
At a traders 'house' this afternoon, wasnt too far out of the way, but I've got to say that if I wanted a bad example to base my search on, then I found it...

2000 on a V plate- up for £1795, wanted £1600.

I know at this sort of money its not going to be showroom, but imagine the selling points...

New Engine- wow, a new engine! Why what happened? Cambelt snapped, okay, lets see the receipt?- 2nd hand engine fitted, new cambelt- nothing else changed-variator etc.

Rusty rear arches-

Not washed- leaves everywhere.

Hood down- filthy where it was sitting

Alloys- not kerbed, well, the rims werent but the centres were- and badly touched up to hide the fact.- but wow, matching P600's with 3mm trea!!

Centre console- snapped/cracked and glued back together

Aerial- not working

Front bumper- needs repainting

General bodywork- poor and scratched to fcuk

As I said, not expecting a new car for the money, but something thats not an absolute dog or at least described correctly isnt too much to ask?

J

·
Registered
100 Posts
I can vouch for that! But you must be willing to travel. I scoured the Internet day n night and when a 1996 2.0 TS came up at £1,695 I wanted to know more. I took a 2hr 45min drive to Manchester (after threatening the seller with his life if he lied to me) and looked over the car from top to toe. I got myself a genuine 3owner 52K miler with Full ARSH and £1000 upon £1000 of documented bills. So in summary they're out there just keep looking hard. Most don't come on until the weather gets better (spiders that is)

·
Registered
2,604 Posts
Couple of weeks ago got a t reg twin spark for my brother in law from Cardiff, not perfect but very nice to drive for £1400 in red not pink too...

1 - 15 of 15 Posts