Alfa Romeo Forum banner

1 - 20 of 55 Posts

·
Registered
2,994 Posts
Sounds excellent. Is that just the backbox replaced or have you changed the centre too?

·
Registered
1,571 Posts
Sounds great mate:cool:
But you (and MattyB) may have cost me another £100:mad: I'm thinking I want an un-silenced centre section too?

·
AO Silver Member, 155 Lounge Winner 09
7,713 Posts
sound awesome!

what's it like on the motorway? much drone at about 2000rpm under load? annoying?

:)

A

·
0 Posts
I honestly do not like that sound at all, sounds racing, it's a total turn off while driving on the street. Maybe the silenced center would have produced a more proper sound.

·
Registered
25,673 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
Okay, thanks for the comments lads, to clarify it's the unsilenced centre and the powerloop backbox (not the racing backbox).

In normal driving it only sounds a little louder than the stock exhaust, winding the revs up slowly in 2nd or 3rd gear is like a symphony, in no way does it drown out the engine so you get the sonorous beauty of the Arese V6 coupled with a welsh choral section at the back.

On hard acceleration the note changes once again and becomes much harsher which is probably what your talking about here Alexandrus, hard to explain really and to be fair revving the engine whilst the car is at a stand still says nothing about how the exhaust sounds when the engine is under load.

I drove it back to back with a 1990 Carrera 4 that my mate bought on Friday, and although I was fluffing the gear changes in the pork something rotten he reckons that the cars sound very similar.

At 60-80 in 5th/6th you can hardly hear the Supersprint, it isn't boomy in anyway, all in I'm very pleased but still need to do some in car (with help of her indoors) and some flyby's.

:thumbs:

P.S My girlfriend says it sounds like this http://uk.youtube.com/watch?v=oWLPIT-geTs :thumbs: what a girl ;)

·
Registered
15,180 Posts
What were you doing in Paris 20 years ago :eek::lol:;)

The exhaust sounds nice GD :thumbs::cool: Would be interested to hear a 'drive by' on full throttle....you next little project please ;):p

·
Registered
2,518 Posts
To begin with it sounded like a VW beetle (of old) :p until you gave it some welly!!! Then it sounds just scrumptious!!! Love a good raspy V6 note! :thumbs:

·
Registered
1,915 Posts
REVTASTIC ! :thumbs:

Any chance of towing the other half behind in a shopping trolly so we can hear what its like on the move?

Also just watched your 147 tank slapper vid :eek: I bet that woke them up :lol:

·
Registered
25,673 Posts
Discussion Starter #12
REVTASTIC ! :thumbs:

Any chance of towing the other half behind in a shopping trolly so we can hear what its like on the move?

Also just watched your 147 tank slapper vid :eek: I bet that woke them up :lol:
Don't think she'd like it very much ;) and it was me in the tankslapper my old 147 a 1.6 twinny before I got the GTA :D

·
Registered
1,083 Posts
I honestly do not like that sound at all, sounds racing, it's a total turn off while driving on the street. Maybe the silenced center would have produced a more proper sound.
I don't understand what you mean? Inside the cabin its very quiet (passengers have commented on just how quiet it is) and outside its louder than stock, but not "Look at that idiot" loud.

Its a great compromise, IMO.

Clips like these dont entirely do them justice - for one I don't think Ghosty drives around everywhere at 6krpm (do you? :lol: ) annoying local residents - its reasonably quiet at normal speeds.

A

·
0 Posts
Dunno, the sound in that clip is not at all to my liking. First, a V6 should sound throaty, not raspy. Second, it's too metalic. And third, at least in that clip, it's too loud for me.

·
Registered
63 Posts
Man thats sounds really good. abit like my car, except i think mine is alot deeper noise wise. i will have to post a vid.
PS mines not a supersprint.

·
Super Moderator
114,703 Posts
Here is a better link to the video ;)

I have to say Sean, I am not 100% convinced by the sound. Seems to me more akin to the exhaust on a motorbike than a car. But I bet it's down to YouTube's video/sound quality ;)

·
Registered
Giulia Quad, Cayman GT4, Cayenne Turbo
23,458 Posts
Give it 2 weeks and do another video.. it will sound different :)

1 - 20 of 55 Posts