1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
3,118 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
http://youtu.be/_u9SvSqIQNc

Posted on another thread so thought would make its own post
Current and final set up is really perfect for me
Hpr race manifolds - hpr downpipes - hpr racing twin cat section - wizard silenced centre section - wizard back box.
Just took the family out today and realised when you drive it at normal speeds it sounds pretty much stock so quite and refined.

·
Registered
808 Posts
Sounds good, although a lot different to mine with a similar setup.
I have Wizard manifolds, standard downpipes, autodelta single sports cat, wizard silenced centre (large) and wizard cat back. Without the silencer the noise was soooooooo loud and a bit boomy! In hindsight, I should maybe have gone for the smaller silencer as its now a bit quiet if anything!
The sports cat gives me an awful rattley type noise tho, so think that will be coming off for the standards.
Do you have any rattles or boominess at all?

Edit: Mine before the silencer was fitted:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=zmflB7uRKjA

·
Registered
2,654 Posts
Sounds ace Ayat.. what a beaut : ) Those HPR parts seem to have come good. Mine's ended up similar-ish -- the big silencer in place of the centre cats made it so much better.. quieter, sweeter, more defined, reduced boom, combined with the modified wiz back box, which eliminated all boom.

cf2s > gotcha EQ pipes > wizard big silenced decat > wizard unsilenced center > modified larger volume, longer internals wizard backbox.

Lovely Jubbly

It sounds loud, but it's really tame and quiet when you are just driving around. So much more so than before. No rattles or vibrations at all

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=C8dtlK2MNOk

Reactions: cobalt

·
Registered
3,118 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
I really like my set up, no rattles and no boominess
There was never boominess but the rattles were all eliminated when I removed the the scorpion decat and fitted the ace cats and fixed the flexies.
And yes
Cda Bmc fitted, well heard coz I can't say I can differentiate what's going on.
All the above set ups sound nice but again 156 and 147 will never sound the same, for me this is my ideal set up for good.
Juts bodywork and engine bay and general tarting up in the summer

·
Registered
526 Posts
All 3 sound epic. Ayat if you are ever in the Kingswinford/Stourbridge area I would love to hear that properly! I was at Simply Alfa today and just as I was walking out the garage I heard the Wizard exhaust for the 1st time in person on a 3.0GTV, christ it was lovely, I was already ****ed off with myself for being talked into my current set up and not paying the extra for the wizard, now I am well and truly GUTTED!!. Don't get me wrong I do sort of like the sound of mine, but today I felt like a loser on bullseye when I was shown what I could have won:censored::biglaugh:

Am currently trying to talk the wife around promising her I could sell mine and recoup some of the money, trouble is, there are not that many GT V6's out there to sell mine to.

Question though to you guys with the wizard, can you still hear the engine sound over the exhaust?

·
Registered
4,382 Posts
All 3 sound epic. Ayat if you are ever in the Kingswinford/Stourbridge area I would love to hear that properly! I was at Simply Alfa today and just as I was walking out the garage I heard the Wizard exhaust for the 1st time in person on a 3.0GTV, christ it was lovely, I was already ****ed off with myself for being talked into my current set up and not paying the extra for the wizard, now I am well and truly GUTTED!!. Don't get me wrong I do sort of like the sound of mine, but today I felt like a loser on bullseye when I was shown what I could have won:censored::biglaugh:

Am currently trying to talk the wife around promising her I could sell mine and recoup some of the money, trouble is, there are not that many GT V6's out there to sell mine to.

Question though to you guys with the wizard, can you still hear the engine sound over the exhaust?
My wizard was perfect until i fitted modified CF2's and its rather louder now. but i,m not doing anything until the new manifolds and cats are ready.. then maybe i will add a centre silencer

·
Registered
2,654 Posts
That's where the big silencer in place of the main cats really help maxi. Takes a considerable amount of volume off and sweetens it. Like 10-15db less as per recorded by track side sound meters. Although means you have no cats..

1 - 8 of 8 Posts