Alfa Romeo Forum banner
1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
74 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hallo,
recently I feel strange vibrations in my clutch-pedal when changing gear at about 5000rpm.
What is going increassingly wrong?
Dirk

·
Premium Member
2,023 Posts
Hi there,sounds like the thrust bearing or the pressure plate fingers are wearing out.At tick over do you feel or hear a rumble when you depress the clutch pedal?

·
Registered
74 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
to ALFAPAT,
no such thing at tickover, only at about 5000rpm or more.
I can feel the vibrations also in the steering wheel.
When I open the bonnet at tickover I can also feel strong vibrations in " the red lever one has to pull to open the bonnet"-sorry I can't find the right word.
In comparison, my uncle has a 16 valve GTV, you can go to 7000RPM and you never feel the engine, anywhere.
Is there anyone out there with the right answer?
thanks anyway
Dirk

·
Registered
3,806 Posts
Where do you start, the list of things to check for a strange vibration is huge!

As there is a lot of vibration during tickover, you could try looking at the engine and gearbox mountings to check they are in good condition.

G

·
i have to agree with alfapat i had the same problem on a 156,when you rest your foot on clutch at tickover you can feel the pedal moving the cure was to replace the clutch,the release bearing was starting to cut through the pressure plate fingers,new clutch,problem solved!!

·
Registered
74 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
to Alfapat,
are you really, really sure about the clutch being the cause of the vibrations?
Could be an expensive repair if it isn't.
Another symptom is the gearlever moving about very much in second gear...
I have to be sure
Your opinion please,
thanks,
Dirk

1 - 6 of 6 Posts