Alfa Romeo Forum banner

1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
61 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hi guys,
Yesterday my gtv stopped when i wanted to accelerate as usual on the green light. Then i started the car and it took the gas difficult(thats the way i felt)
then a burning smell came, which comes also when i accelerate with 6-7k rpm. but this time it was just a regular acceleration....
when i got closer to home from the highway, on lower levels of rpm i felt a huge vibration on the clutch(also felt as if it was a bit rusty), and also the car wouldnt accelerate as swift as it used to..

any guess of the seriousity of the problem..did some part that has to do with the clutch has burned or sth else...should i take the car to the service right away..is it safe for everyday drive?
thanks for any answers.....
cheers

·
Registered
1,059 Posts
sounds like a worn clutch and possibly dmf (dual mass flywheel) if fitted a tired dmf does feel shuddery as does a clutch, the smell i would say is the friction plates of the clutch, does the revs rise without the speed increasing? does sound like you need to replace the clutch.

If you need the flywheel sorting too then search this site for threads, they rec. replacing the dmf with a gtv 3.2 solid and getting a gta clutch kit good luck!!

·
Registered
61 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
thx man, i didnt observe revs rising without the speed increasing......i will take it to the service soon!!

1 - 3 of 3 Posts