Alfa Romeo Forum banner

1 - 12 of 12 Posts

·
Registered
2,136 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Does anybody know where I can get the correct coloured red spray to make my base plates red? Also has anyone fitted a autolusso silicone induction hose and then removed the resonator section and found a red hose to go from the MAF to the air box? If so where could I get this hose? This is to put on a GTV V6 3.0 24v CF3.

Many thanks.

Attachments

·
Registered
2,136 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Good call on the brake caliper paint.

Unfortunately the car is in the garage at the moment having the engine changed (and anything I can think of in that area), so I can't tell the diameter of length hose I need.

Sent from my SM-G900F using Tapatalk

·
Registered
692 Posts
Ill see if I can dig out my old ASH setup (I went back to the OEM setup with the resonator as the torque curve seems smoother) and measure it might be a few days though. You'll also need a stainless steel joining section.
a word of caution VHT paint is rather thin so youll need multiple coats. It also takes quite a while to dry

·
Registered
2,136 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
OK thanks for the info. I might try the brake caliper paint.

·
Registered
8,918 Posts
Don't use caliper paint. It takes days to dry - literally - and you don't need high temp paint. I use Hammerite smooth. Works well.

·
Registered
2,136 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
Pretty any dark red paint then!

·
Registered
2,136 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
Ill see if I can dig out my old ASH setup (I went back to the OEM setup with the resonator as the torque curve seems smoother) and measure it might be a few days though. You'll also need a stainless steel joining section.
a word of caution VHT paint is rather thin so youll need multiple coats. It also takes quite a while to dry
Cheers in advance on the hose info. What does ASH stand for BTW.

·
Registered
124 Posts
Great pic, I was only looking last night for the internal diameter of the pipes needed for an induction type kit. What is the smaller silicone pipe for and where can you buy that adapter for it? Thanks

·
Registered
692 Posts
The smaller pipe connects to the crankcase breather as per the OEM ducting. I found all the parts on the ASH website. I just remembered The picture isn't entirely accurate because the MAF goes between the filter housing and the ducting

1 - 12 of 12 Posts