Alfa Romeo Forum banner
21 - 25 of 25 Posts

·
Premium Member
5,408 Posts
Blue&me doesn't do a2dp. You would need to buy a Bluetooth adapter for either the car to fit in the USB slot or an FM transmitter for your phone. You could always buy the hands free Alfa accessory which does have A2DP.

·
Registered
2,757 Posts
Thanks for the quick response.

I am not quite sure if i made myself clear on what i want to achieve. I am not interested in connecting the iphone through the blue&me adapter or directly in order to listen music through the speakers. I want to connect it without using any cables (wirelessly) by using bluetooth a2dp communication. Is this possible or should i have to use the usb cable when i am attaching the device to the blue&me system?

Thanks again. :)
As a thought, whst I've done is buy an iPod (the cheapest 6th generation Nano i could find at the time as that suited the modest size of my library) and leave that tucked in the glove box. That does my music and I let my iPhone connect to B&M for phone calls.....

·
Registered
41 Posts
Blue&me doesn't do a2dp. You would need to buy a Bluetooth adapter for either the car to fit in the USB slot or an FM transmitter for your phone. You could always buy the hands free Alfa accessory which does have A2DP.
Thanks Andy.

I suppose you are speaking about the following hands free system.

Alfa Romeo Bluetooth Handsfree Kit | Alfa Romeo Accessories

Are you 100% sure that this system supports A2DP protocol in order to be used as a bluetooth adaptor to stream stereo music?

Thanks again.

As a thought, whst I've done is buy an iPod (the cheapest 6th generation Nano i could find at the time as that suited the modest size of my library) and leave that tucked in the glove box. That does my music and I let my iPhone connect to B&M for phone calls.....
Hi again and thanks for your help. I am reading the FAQ question on the blue&me.net site but i must admit i am a little bit confused. The reason is that i have ordered the blue&me system with the built-in navigation (LCD Screen) and because of that i read that it is not possible to update this system to version 6.0 even if you have a car that is produced lately. So in this case, i have to go all the way with the blue&me adapter in order to use my iphone as a multimedia device even if i have a 2013 model. Is this allegation correct? Or am i misleading something here? :confused:

Edit: Now that i read again the FAQ i believe that Blue&me NAV has nothing to do with the Navigation System i ordered but is actually a previous blue&me system supported in past models. In other words it is not related to built-in or TomTom navigation system. Am i correct?

http://www.blueandme.net/blueandme/index.aspx?brand=fga&lang=en#/support/faq/

·
Registered
467 Posts
Blue&Me system is nothing to do with RadioNav or tomtom.

Blue&Me will do USB audio control - be it a USB stick or a USB - iphone / ipod cable, and will control the iphone / ipod. If you have a very early car, you'll need an adapter to work with iphone / ipod - you won't need that.

Blue & Me also does Bluetooth calls, phone book, etc as per the usual standards, but does not support audio streaming via bluetooth, that I can see, from the iphone. I certainly can't use spotifyin that way.

Something to consider though is when the phone is connected by bluetooth and streaming you'll flatten it very quickly - so you'll end up plugging it in to charge - so what not just plug it in using USB in the first place, then you've saved yourself a job? I've got a 2m USB - iphone cable, routed it round the back of the glove box and through the centre console so that it's just nicely ready for me, and it's black too :)

·
Premium Member
5,408 Posts
21 - 25 of 25 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.