Alfa Romeo Forum banner
1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
41 Posts
Hi Alfisti friends.

Since i am waitting for my G Cloverleaf and since i decided to go with the sat nav system, can you please tell me the negatives of this option? I am reading lot of dissapointment users but till now i can not find an explanation based on specific facts.

Thanks in advance.

·
Registered
41 Posts
Thanks a lot folks!

It seems from what i am reading that the sat_nav system is not the correct choice after all. I took it mostly because i liked the lcd-screen and how it fits with the whole dashboard. I am still finding the TomTom solution a little bit ugly. Of course when you selecting a navigation system this should not be your first priority but after all i liked the whole idea. Fortunately here in Germany the post codes are 5-digit long so i guess i won't have the issue described for UK.

Another question i have is regarding the music playback during navigation. I am planning to by the blue&me bluetooth extender in order to pair my iphone and listen to music through bluetooth. I read somewhere that it is not possible to hear the voice guidance of the sat_nav system and listen to music at the same time. Can someone clarify this? I would expect that during the voice guidance the music volume should go down and then come back immediately. That is for example the behaviour in my iphone's navigation application. ;)

Thanks in advance,

Artemios.

·
Registered
41 Posts
In terms of Blue&Me, as it's new, you won't need the extender to work with your iphone. It's only cars of a certain age that do. Mine's a 2011 (December) and doesn't need it so yours shouldn't.

The sat nav will interrupt any other media playing (including iphone) and give instructions and then bring music back. As a preference, i have my satnav permenantly muted, and this means that nothing else bothers me.

Occasionally, on a night, i turn the screen off or tell it to fold itself away, and unmute it. That way i can hear voice instructions but don't have to have the screen on for long journeys in the dark.
Thanks for the quick response.

I am not quite sure if i made myself clear on what i want to achieve. I am not interested in connecting the iphone through the blue&me adapter or directly in order to listen music through the speakers. I want to connect it without using any cables (wirelessly) by using bluetooth a2dp communication. Is this possible or should i have to use the usb cable when i am attaching the device to the blue&me system?

Thanks again. :)

·
Registered
41 Posts
Blue&me doesn't do a2dp. You would need to buy a Bluetooth adapter for either the car to fit in the USB slot or an FM transmitter for your phone. You could always buy the hands free Alfa accessory which does have A2DP.
Thanks Andy.

I suppose you are speaking about the following hands free system.

Alfa Romeo Bluetooth Handsfree Kit | Alfa Romeo Accessories

Are you 100% sure that this system supports A2DP protocol in order to be used as a bluetooth adaptor to stream stereo music?

Thanks again.

As a thought, whst I've done is buy an iPod (the cheapest 6th generation Nano i could find at the time as that suited the modest size of my library) and leave that tucked in the glove box. That does my music and I let my iPhone connect to B&M for phone calls.....
Hi again and thanks for your help. I am reading the FAQ question on the blue&me.net site but i must admit i am a little bit confused. The reason is that i have ordered the blue&me system with the built-in navigation (LCD Screen) and because of that i read that it is not possible to update this system to version 6.0 even if you have a car that is produced lately. So in this case, i have to go all the way with the blue&me adapter in order to use my iphone as a multimedia device even if i have a 2013 model. Is this allegation correct? Or am i misleading something here? :confused:

Edit: Now that i read again the FAQ i believe that Blue&me NAV has nothing to do with the Navigation System i ordered but is actually a previous blue&me system supported in past models. In other words it is not related to built-in or TomTom navigation system. Am i correct?

http://www.blueandme.net/blueandme/index.aspx?brand=fga&lang=en#/support/faq/

1 - 4 of 4 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.