Alfa Romeo Forum banner

1 - 20 of 23 Posts
J

·
0 Posts
This is unfortunately no GTC. A GTC is based on the "stepnose". And the GTC's had significant chassis strenghtening beneath the floor to make up for lost rigidity. This is probably only good for a few spares.

·
Registered
1,549 Posts
YEP SOLD.

Called him 3 hours after he put up the ad. sold.
Wanted it for the autobox to do the conversion on my gt junior for hand controls:confused:

·
Registered
4,528 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
This is unfortunately no GTC. A GTC is based on the "stepnose". And the GTC's had significant chassis strenghtening beneath the floor to make up for lost rigidity. This is probably only good for a few spares.
I cried inside when I saw it. This has to be a contender for '2011 Alfa butcher of the year' prize. Interestingly, there was a 1600 chopped up last year on gumtree, but seemed to be a much better job. The owner couldn't get it licensed when I asked, so I assumed there were structural rigidity issues. I haven't seen a proper GTC here, but I think the owner of Alfaholics has one.

·
Premium Member
5,467 Posts
Sounds too good to be true !. At 10 k :eek:

A

·
0 Posts
In that case, hope it works out. That would be an awesome buy I'd say.

I see that up there in KZN, there also seems to be quite a rich heritage of the older alfa's, but it doesn't seem like many of the owners are on this forum. Quite often I have seen ads for Alfa's in Durban and almost half the time, the alfa for sale, is pictured right next to another.

Good luck.

·
Registered
2,758 Posts
Very few on the forum. I have often thought about writing alittle piece about this forum and then trying to get it printed in our local news letter but the biggest problem is age. There are very few young people driving Alfa's in KZN, I think thats the main problem.

Well, the only thing that will prevent me is Rust.... Lets hope its ok:)

·
Registered
4,528 Posts
Discussion Starter #13
I always see a number of old Alfa ads in Durban. There was a sweet-looking GTV6 I saw two months ago, Giuliettas and a number of Junior projects in the recent past. I would definitely have a look at that Junior if the body is straight.

·
Registered
4,528 Posts
Discussion Starter #15
Hi, Mason.
Lift carpets right around. Jack up car under door sills. If there is a lot of give, you might want to leave it. Underneath, pillars and spare wheel well also agood place to check. Inside of doors should also be checked. For some reason, alfa decided not to spray or galvanise the insides of the doors. Check under the battery where the swaybar connects to the body. Many cars rust and tear here as well, especially if the car has been towed often.Many noses have been bodyfillered over the years as well.

·
Registered
4,528 Posts
Discussion Starter #17
Somebody obviously bought this for the carbs and diff, maybe not realising that the automatic diff has got a very different ratio to the manual one.

·
Registered
7,047 Posts
I think the owner posted here a week or two ago asking if it was an original GTC or not.

·
Registered
7,047 Posts
:eek:Eina no the person who posted about his GTC actually drives it and it looks nice.

1 - 20 of 23 Posts