Alfa Romeo Forum banner

1 - 10 of 10 Posts
G

·
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I know that a Fist Stilo which has a connect+ installed plays mp3 because I tested it out today and it worked... The software version was 7.77..
Now how is it possible to find out the software version of the 147 connect+??

G

·
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
I've not had a chance to check this yet, but a friend who knows shed loads about MP3's tells me the most likely cause for MP3's failing to be recognised is the CD-R media. All the ones I tested on mine that failed were burnt onto Traxdata Black CD-R. They look good, but apparently do not read as easily as (e.g.) Kodak Gold.

G

·
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
I tested a disc full of 128kbits mp3, on a TDK cdr media, and it did not work in the Alfa147 connect+, but the same disc works perfectly in the Fiat Stilo connect+.

G

·
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
It seems that the only people that have managed to play mp3 in the alfa147 are Paul-P and JayNine. Paul says he can play mp3 in the cd-changer... well most of 147 wont even play in the head unit let alone in the cd-changer, JayNine says he has managed to play in the head unit. Now on the UK alfaromeo site in the "showroom" section there is an option of voice-rec and mp3 play back (very simular to the option on the Fiat Stilo option list which does play MP3 for sure)
Now I have gone through all the other alfaromeo sites in Europe (.it,.nl,.de,.fr,.pt) and no other list this option.
So is this a mistake from the UK alfa site?? Does mp3 only play in connect+ in the UK? I dont think so....
As two members have said that they have managed to play mp3 only thing to do is to believe them... and try get answer to this mix up
Answer... well maybe the lucky ones got a software of connect+ which plays mp3, but this is not logical because my girlfriend picked up her 147 a few days ago with connect+ and it does NOT play mp3 (head unit or boot cd changer)
Does anybody have any Ideias???
Let me know..

G

·
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
Just one extra thing....
The Fiat stilo mp3 playing option is always with the voice-rec option.. (just like the UK alfa site).
Well my grilfriend does have the voice-rec option and it does not work.

G

·
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
I have just been and double checked. My Voice memo does work exactly as specified, and it does play an MP-3 because I borrowed one from next door who lives MP-3 and breathes MP-3. I personally dont care if it doesnt for me its irrelevant, as long as it plays CD thats fine.

G

·
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
Fogot to mention - I am told (ney, was lectured)thatthe type of CD disc and the system used to burn it are just as important. I am told that systems vary more widely than they should and that MP3 is a tight format sensitive to poor pick up and intial burn. I think I understand this. Its computers and weird and I know nothing.

G

·
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
Jay Nine, Ask you mate from next door what program he uses to burn the cds, at what speed are they burnt, what make of media, and what bit rate are the mp3? please..
Strange is that a mp3 disc that works perfectly in the Fiat Stilo did NOT work in the 147.

G

·
Discussion Starter · #10 ·
James has just gone on holiday for 2 weeks, but when I see him next I will ask him. I have a JVC system indoors that will not play MP3, my computer will not (its about to get replaced, its 4 years old) but the SLK head unit MB Audio 10 was 2 years old and it would, James insists that media and burn quality are all important. Jargon.

1 - 10 of 10 Posts