Alfa Romeo Forum banner

1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
19 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hello everyone,
I'm having problem with my ventilation on 2005 JTD 8v Alfa 156. When using AC (which is 100% regassed with a right amount of gas, tested 3 times for leaks (refill) in a couple of weeks), after a while, I get hot air on one side of the car, usually on the drivers side, but sometimes on passenger too. When I start the car and I set AC to say 22 degrees, it works fine for a couple of minutes, before that happens.

After that the only way I can get cold air everywhere, is to set temperature to LO. But that is annoying becouse it's too cold :D Anything else will blow hot air on one side.

I have been to offical Alfa garage, where they tested the servos(replaced with new for test) and they said all of them on both sides work fine, tested (replaced for test) whole AC electronic unit in the car, and checked all temperature sensors. Everything supposed to be alright.

Is it possible that one of under the dash air flaps is stuck? But why I get cold air on LO temp if flap is stucked?

Thanks!

·
Registered
3,193 Posts
The 'only cold on LO' problem is a common one. There's various threads on that - I suspect it's due to a broken cabin temperature sensor somewhere, but the last I read, someone had a slightly different experience.

·
Registered
30 Posts
The heater actuator might be the issue. I changed mine last week after speaking to an Alfa indie and looking at this board for answers. Got one of ebay, changed it and I have hot or cold and everything else in between :cool:

I wish the fan could be more powerful though

Attachments

·
Registered
19 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
The 'only cold on LO' problem is a common one. There's various threads on that - I suspect it's due to a broken cabin temperature sensor somewhere, but the last I read, someone had a slightly different experience.
I also thought that, but at an offical Alfa garage, they have said every one of sensors work ok. I guess it is still possible that they overlooked something. Only cold on LO threads are different then mine. I get cold air every time, but only on one side of the car.

The heater actuator might be the issue. I changed mine last week after speaking to an Alfa indie and looking at this board for answers. Got one of ebay, changed it and I have hot or cold and everything else in between :cool:

I wish the fan could be more powerful though
Where is this located? Is there a way to test it? What were your symptoms?
Actuator, i guess that is the motor controling the flaps? It also supposed to be okey... on both sides.

·
Registered
30 Posts
On RHD cars just under the footwell behind the control panel you find 2 actuators. One for the heating flaps and one for the other flaps, (face/windscreen and feet)

·
Registered
19 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
This is the bottom one of the two? It was replaced, no difference. I think it only changed cars mind, after change, it was blowing hot on right side.

·
Registered
3,193 Posts
I also thought that, but at an offical Alfa garage, they have said every one of sensors work ok. I guess it is still possible that they overlooked something. Only cold on LO threads are different then mine. I get cold air every time, but only on one side of the car.
Have you reset the air con?

Procedure:

David C said:
Ignition off & Key out
Disconnect battery -ve terminal
Wait a minute (you can obviously wait longer!)
Reconnect battery -ve terminal
Wait for all noises to stop (you can obviously wait longer!)
Turn ignition on & start engine
I reckon that at the last stage, you need to turn only the electrics on and wait again for the noises to stop.

·
Registered
19 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
Ok, I have tried anotrher reset. All it did, is switched sides of the car where hot air blows :D
Could i cheat the reset procedure? Like unpluging one of the motors for the flaps or something else?

1 - 9 of 9 Posts