Alfa Romeo Forum banner

1 - 20 of 48 Posts
R

·
0 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Some of you may recall that last year one of my buses was hijacked and taken on a short run with passengers on board, this resulted in a claim from the Ambulance chasing Lawyers stating that their client had been on the bus, had been thrown violently from her seat to the floor injuring her back and neck and causing severe bruising and trauma, this was backed up by 2 doctors statements showing the full extent of her Injuries.

However what they did not know (and we forgot to tell them :lol:) was that we had the whole thing in crystal clear clarity on the onboard CCTV, this clearly showed a fat woman sitting on the front seat eating her chips who did not even realise what had happened until the bus came to a stop and the Hijacker ran away, no trauma no accident and actually a pretty good drive for an amateur :), no one thrown about the vehicle and no one in the least distressed.

So we let them carry on with their fraudulent claim and eventually got them to identify the passenger who was making the claim giving us a photo and her name and address :D, this week we released the CCTV footage to her lawyers who immediately ceased any claim against us, we contacted the police through our lawyers and they are going to try and prosecute her for making a fraudulent insurance claim, and just to make sure we are taking out a private action against her.

So have a nice weekend fat chip eating ***** because I certainly will :lol:

Revenge aint it great :D

·
Registered
5,245 Posts
Nice one bud :thumbs:

I hate people who claim for rubbish like this, not helped by those bloody 'Have you been injured in an accident that wasnt your fault' ads

H

·
0 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Who are the 'doctors' who substantiated the injuries? I hope they're going to be dealt with as well

·
Registered
29,280 Posts
fantastic, i hope the courts go to town on the fraudulent old hag. people like that are pure scum. shame there's no action can be taken against the ambulance chasing lawyers as well :mad:

R

·
0 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
Who are the 'doctors' who substantiated the injuries? I hope they're going to be dealt with as well
Oh yes a complaint has already been made and we (well we being our lawyers ) are persuing them as well. :)

·
Registered
2,488 Posts
Its a good feeling isn't it!! Its why I love defendant PI so much (what I do), recently I had someone try and claim PI for their 3 children who were allegedly in the car, all the medical evidence was there etc etc I noticed that children should be in school at that time, quick call to the local schools and bingo, all 3 were in classes when the accident was meant to have happened!! Our fraud team had a field day with it :D :D

·
Registered
2,488 Posts
fantastic, i hope the courts go to town on the fraudulent old hag. people like that are pure scum. shame there's no action can be taken against the ambulance chasing lawyers as well :mad:
You can, you can make a counter claim against the firm for pursuing a fraudulent claim which they knew to be fraudulent (although as their claim has ended you will need to start a new claim, you only do that if you defend the claim right to the end), although it needs to get to the court stage to prove that they knew the claim was fraudulent and still went ahead with it but you can bring the firm into the action against the chip muncher as a part 20 defendant and sue both the firm and the chip muncher in the same action for fraud.

Or report the firm to the law society and let the SRA at them :D

·
Registered
29,280 Posts
You can, you can make a counter claim against the firm for pursuing a fraudulent claim which they knew to be fraudulent, although it needs to get to the court stage to prove that they knew the claim was fraudulent and still went ahead with it but you can bring the firm into the action against the chip muncher as a part 20 defendant and sue both the firm and the chip muncher in the same action for fraud.

Or report the firm to the law society and let the SRA at them :D
would it not be borderline impossible to prove the firm of slippery gits knew it was a fraudulent claim?

·
Registered
2,488 Posts
would it not be borderline impossible to prove the firm of slippery gits knew it was a fraudulent claim?
No its actually very easy, a firm is required by law society rules to check every claim for fraud before it is taken on, it will be obvious from their records that they did not complete the required checks, or did but still continued with the claim.

Our fraud team at work regularly goes after these ambulance chasing firms and has a very very very good success rate.

·
Registered
30,126 Posts
Great result but they should go after the doctors and the fraudster. This makes genuine people look really bad when it comes to making a claim:mad:

·
Registered
25,673 Posts
She's gonna have to foot the bill for all the legal action t date4 as well :lol: nice one ray :thumbs:

Mind you, she;ll prob sell her story to the sun and make a mint :lol:

After my accident I put a claim in, had to be seen by a doctor he spent 15-20 minutes and later found out he got paid £250 for it. My physio said there was no way he could have made a thorough investigatoin in that time, but the chap was running about 45 minutes late so thats okay isn't it??? :rolleyes:

·
Registered
2,488 Posts
Great result but they should go after the doctors and the fraudster. This makes genuine people look really bad when it comes to making a claim:mad:
The insurance company who the claim was against will send it to their solicitors who will pursue a fraud action against her, it will get taken care of don't worry :D They are really clamping down on it at the moment as insurance fraud has gone up dramatically since the economic downturn.

G

·
0 Posts
Discussion Starter #19
sweet....nice to get one over on the blood-sucking leeches...

·
Registered
1,915 Posts
:lol: quality!

1 - 20 of 48 Posts