Alfa Romeo Forum banner
1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 · (Edited)
Hi all

new to the forum. I’ve driven BMWs for the last 14 years - 120d Sport and two 330D M Sport. My BMW ownership has been relatively hassle free and I’ve thoroughly enjoyed each one.

I’ve been looking at changing my current 330D 15 plate. My original thought was to get another 3 series, but I’m not keen on the redesign and besides I fancy a change. I’ve decided I definitely want a Giulia Veloce. I mean…these cars are a thing of beauty.

I was originally set on a Veloce, but the Ti version just looks amazing with those 19” alloys. I prefer the Ti interior too, but the standard Veloce interior stands it’s own and also looks sleek, modern and functional.

i’m after a used Veloce. Do people feel the Ti is worth the extra £6-8k considering the differences are only fittings? If I went for a standard Veloce how much would the 19” alloys set me back?

looking at car tax am I right to think that i’d need to fork out an extra £355 a year just to keep the Ti on the road?

·
Registered
1,000 Posts
You are correct to consider the car tax situation. When I bought mine you could just get a Veloce under £40K so did not have to fork out the extortionate 'luxury' tax each year. The Ti was above £40K. I've not done the sums but if its mainly the wheels you want it could be cheaper to buy them and the Veloce. Spoiler is an easy add on too.

·
Registered
49 Posts
Ti has a bit of the QV carbon parts added, but you can't get a lot of the packs that you can on the Veloce.
If you spec the Veloce right up to include some of the available carbon, it actually comes out £3 k more expensive for the equivalent on the Ti.
19 inch alloys are now standard on both Ti and Veloce.
Dealers are battling for your money right now, but you might want to take into account the build lead time for each model, and also, the more you spec up the car, the longer it takes to clear UK customs.
Interior may also be an issue too, as Alfa have mainly withdrawn alternatives other that black or red leather, depending on your exterior colour choice too.

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
You are correct to consider the car tax situation. When I bought mine you could just get a Veloce under £40K so did not have to fork out the extortionate 'luxury' tax each year. The Ti was above £40K. I've not done the sums but if its mainly the wheels you want it could be cheaper to buy them and the Veloce. Spoiler is an easy add on too.
Yes main thing I’d like are the 19” dark 5-Hole wheels. Wouldn’t mind the rear spoiler, but not overly fussed about it. Are there any recommended retailers who sell these wherls online? Possible to order through a dealer?

Dealers are battling for your money right now, but you might want to take into account the build lead time for each model, and also, the more you spec up the car, the longer it takes to clear UK customs.
Only considering the used 2019-20 market at the moment. I’d prefer a 2020 model, but not many options under £30k.

·
Registered
42 Posts
Yes main thing I’d like are the 19” dark 5-Hole wheels. Wouldn’t mind the rear spoiler, but not overly fussed about it. Are there any recommended retailers who sell these wherls online? Possible to order through a dealer?
Both really. You can still order the wheels from Alfa direct or you can buy used set or new replica's from Italy off eBay and the likes.

·
Registered
146 Posts
I bought the TI my20 with facelift and carbon pack.
it has a better look than standard veloce, my opinion. More money but a more good looking car.

1 - 6 of 6 Posts