Alfa Romeo Forum banner

1 - 18 of 18 Posts

·
Registered
5 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
After many years of Fiat and Lancia ownership, I hope to soon experience Alfa ownership. So, being new, I need a bit of assistance.

I'm looking for a 156 1.6 or 1.8 to ease myself in however, what are the differences between the Veloce, Lusso and Turismo versions?:confused:

I'm certain this has been asked before so, apologies if it's going over old ground. Alternatively, maybe someone could point me to somewhere in the forum where this info is posted.

Thanks

·
Registered
2,736 Posts
velocy - entry level i think

lusso - luxury model

turismo - sporty (aparently)

mines a lusso and i love it

·
Registered
33,643 Posts
Turismo is standard specification.

Lusso is luxury specification which will tend to have leather seats and a wooden steering wheel, gear knob and dash facia.

Veloce is sports specification which will have lowered suspension, bigger wheels and a leather steering wheel and gear knob with a carbon fibre effect facia and orange on black dials.

·
Registered
30,126 Posts
I wouldn't describe any as basic really. I drove an 02 plate 1.8 turismo yesterday and loved it. No electric rear windows, side skirts, sports suspension and running on 15" alloys but I thought it was great. 140 of the third finest Italian horses under the bonnet too :cool:

The Veloce does not get leather as standard but gets "sports" suspension and side skirts.

The lusso looses the skirts and the sports suspension but gains leather.

Surely one of the best value, nice driving, best looking cars out there right now :D

·
Registered
2,736 Posts
ros... mines a lusso spec yet i have leathers, leather steering wheel and 17inch wheels... all standard.

ive heard the veloce suspension is pretty hopeless... is that true? the lusso one certainly is!

·
Registered
218 Posts
Hi - bought a 156 2l veloce about a year ago and love it. What ever you buy you must make sure the cam belt has been changed - mine went at 44k at a cost of £1500 apart from that I've experienced no Alfa 'gremlins'

·
Registered
30,126 Posts
ive heard the veloce suspension is pretty hopeless... is that true? the lusso one certainly is!
I had the opportunity to do a back to back test yesterday. The standard suspension coupled with 15" wheels defo makes for a more comfortable ride but there's way more body roll and dive under braking:(

Steering was as direct on both cars:)

The Veloce spec suspension corners really well, even on the track at Donington when giving maximum beans:cool:

Not wishing to do any tinkering, the standard Veloce spec suits the car just fine IMHO:D

·
Registered
5 Posts
Discussion Starter #11
I had the opportunity to do a back to back test yesterday. The standard suspension coupled with 15" wheels defo makes for a more comfortable ride but there's way more body roll and dive under braking:(

Steering was as direct on both cars:)

The Veloce spec suspension corners really well, even on the track at Donington when giving maximum beans:cool:

Not wishing to do any tinkering, the standard Veloce spec suits the car just fine IMHO:D
Thank you all for your replying, I think it's a Veloce for me!

How about keys, how many (one + spare+ master?) and is there a master key like I had on my Fiat Coupe?

Thanks

·
Registered
33,643 Posts
How about keys, how many and is there a master key like I had on my Fiat Coupe?
There is no master key. The 156 came with two identical red or black keys.

·
Registered
15,299 Posts
ros... mines a lusso spec yet i have leathers, leather steering wheel and 17inch wheels... all standard.

Depends what you mean by hopeless. The Lusso is softer compared to the Veloce. The Veloce is lowered and stiffer so it can bottom out easier and you feel the bumps more; the flip side being that it handles better and you get better feedback and less lean.

You pays your money and takes your choice :) :) :)

·
Registered
16,710 Posts

Yours is a 147 thought isn't it?

·
Registered
310 Posts
Not all Veloces have black dials- mine didn't. There is so much variation between model years, and various packs that it is very difficult to say what model a particular vehicle is. It is the case that all Veloces do have side skirts and sports suspension.

·
Registered
16,710 Posts
One thing I wondered about is whether the GTV Lusso has sport suspension...I've always assumed it does...

·
Registered
566 Posts
Didn't the Lusso 156 have cruise control as standard too?

1 - 18 of 18 Posts